• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

People said the same about Ray Reconstruction with DLSS 3.5 too, but here we are, higher quality ray tracing and reflections with zero trade-offs in performance or image quality. The by-product being about 4-5fps gained too which wasn't even part of the design process of RR but just an observed gain thanks to the efficient nature of RR.

Ok ray reconstruction relies on tensor cores to work since it uses the DLSS pipeline, but it looks like ExtraSS works similarly, that it relies on XeSS as its foundation and then introduces the new addons.
They did? Other than the criticism over the handling of some textures and motion artifacts (which is to be expected with a 1.0 release) I thought the coverage of RR was pretty positive (barring people trolling for the sake of it) - replacing multiple bespoke denoisers with a general purpose 'ai' denoiser specifically trained on ray-traced images was always going to result in better image quality and improved performance (eventually, anyway).

On the other hand, expecting a frame extrapolated forwards from a single previous frame to match the quality of a frame interpolated from two complete frames (more than double the information including vectors/buffers) is wishful thinking.

AMD are blocking other "upscaling" tech being used with their frame gen, so much for "giving people the choice" eh but nope, amd decide what is best for you.
Has AMD actually stated that or is it just usual forumites make stuff up ?

Edit:

Looking at the github repo it's under GPL3!

So the usual FUD spreading ?

Last edited:
Has AMD actually stated that or is it just usual forumites make stuff up ?

Well the fact you can only enable fsr 3/frame gen when fsr 2 is enabled and the frame gen option is greyed out/disabled when other upscaling solutions are active proves it is being blocked. And we now have a mod showing that fsr 3 frame gen works with all upscaling tech.

Last edited:
Well the fact you can only enable fsr 3/frame gen when fsr 2 is enabled and the frame gen option is greyed out/disabled when other upscaling solutions are active proves it is being blocked. And we now have a mod showing that fsr 3 frame gen works with all upscaling tech.
Dont talk BS, It's open source! If it was being blocked it would take devs/community probably seconds to find and fix/reverse!

I know you really hate AMD but come on that's low even for you.

Or was it a ploy to get a rise out of the usual people on here?

Dont talk BS, It's open source! If it was being blocked it would take devs/community probably seconds to find and fix/reverse!

I know you really hate AMD but come on that's low even for you.

Or was it a ploy to get a rise out of the usual people on here?

BS? you got anything to prove that amd aren't blocking the use of other upscaling tech in the official integrations so far? As so far it's only the mod where FSR 3/FG works with other upscaling tech..... Sorry that I don't fall for the "white knights" PR image that amd have you falling for.

Starting with that rubbish of "hating amd" again? Even though probably owned more amd hardware than most people here :rolleyes: If you can't stick to the discussion point without resorting to that rubbish, don't bother repsonding in the first place.

PS. I'll leave this here:

But I suppose that's a lie and a coincidence, right.....

Last edited:
BS? you got anything to prove that amd aren't blocking the use of other upscaling tech in the official integrations so far? As so far it's only the mod where FSR 3/FG works with other upscaling tech..... Sorry that I don't fall for the "white knights" PR image that amd have you falling for.

Starting with that rubbish of "hating amd" again? Even though probably owned more amd hardware than most people here :rolleyes: If you can't stick to the discussion point without resorting to that rubbish, don't bother repsonding in the first place.

PS. I'll leave this here:

But I suppose that's a lie and a coincidence, right.....

So you mean when sponsored ?

Not blocked via software stack of FSR ?

So you mean when sponsored ?

Not blocked via software stack of FSR ?

Yes, what I said here:

So amd are from their end on the side of "sponsorship" are purposelly locking fsr 3 aka amds frame gen to be used only with their upscaling solution, either that or the devs are the ones blocking it but not sure what they have to gain from that when they are now including all upscaling options....

Side Q, When I have done that before ?

Not really aimed at you specifically, more just when point out something amd "potentially" do wrong/bad, that rhetoric gets thrown about.

Last edited:
So amd are from their end purposelly locking fsr 3 aka amds frame gen to be used only with their upscaling solution

Still failing to see how they can block it to fsr2 when the code is available to all .

Kind of makes your statement mute too when I've just read on here mods that enable AMD's frame gen with DLSS does it not ?

Still failing to see how they can block it to fsr2 when the code is available to all .

Kind of makes your statement mute too when I've just read on here mods that enable AMD's frame gen with DLSS does it not ?

I think you're maybe missing the point I'm putting across here as you have just stated what I said about the modded fsr 3 fg hack method so lets change the approach here:

Why in amd sponsored games with fsr 3/frame gen can we not use other non-amd upscaling tech with fsr 3/fg?

EDIT:

And regarding that mod, it is technically injecting amds fsr 3/fg into nvidias FG toggle option. AFAIK, no one has got AMD FSR 3/FG toggle/option to work with other non amd upscaling tech but it's proven now that the different technology can work together through hacky methods.

Last edited:
I think you're maybe missing the point I'm putting across here as you have just stated what I said about the modded fsr 3 fg hack method so lets change the approach here:

Why in amd sponsored games with fsr 3/frame gen can we not use other non-amd upscaling tech with fsr 3/fg?

EDIT:

And regarding that mod, it is technically injecting amds fsr 3/fg into nvidias FG toggle option. AFAIK, no one has got AMD FSR 3/FG toggle/option to work with other non amd upscaling tech but it's proven now that the different technology can work together through hacky methods.

I see what you are meaning however if they were blocking it it wouldn't work even via injecting would it if a non AMD card is being used.

I see what you are meaning however if they were blocking it it wouldn't work even via injecting would it if a non AMD card is being used.

That's not the point I'm making :p It clearly does work as I have said, however, in sponsored titles, it's not even an option because "reasons".

That's not the point I'm making :p It clearly does work as I have said, however, in sponsored titles, it's not even an option because "reasons".
Has AMD actually stated this then ?

Always thought fsr and dlss was in some games already, or have they removed the frame gen bit if so ?

Has AMD actually stated this then ?

Always thought fsr and dlss was in some games already, or have they removed the frame gen bit if so ?

I think again either you are missing something or I'm not getting your point :p

FSR and DLSS upscaling coexists in most games now, in amds sponsored games with FSR 3 i.e. forgotten, immortals and now avatar, these games have FSR 3/frame gen and dlss, however, FSR 3/frame gen can only be enabled if you are using FSR upscaling, FSR 3/FG can not be enabled when using dlss.

The mod going around now basically injects fsr 3/fg via nvidias FG method so in effect you are enabling nvidias frame generation but it is really using amds fsr 3/fg method.

No one has gotten dlss to work with the FSR 3/FG setting/toggle in the sponsored amd games yet....

I
FSR and DLSS upscaling coexists in most games now, in amds sponsored games with FSR 3 i.e. forgotten, immortals and now avatar, these games have FSR 3/frame gen and dlss, however, FSR 3/frame gen can only be enabled if you are using FSR upscaling, FSR 3/FG can not be enabled when using dlss.
I see , though how do we know it's not a stipulation of DLSS usage? as in only Nvidia's FG is allowed to work with DLSS and thus blocks third party's from enabling DLSS if another vendors frame gen it in use.

I

I see , though how do we know it's not a stipulation of DLSS usage? as in only Nvidia's FG is allowed to work with DLSS and thus blocks third party's from enabling DLSS if another vendors frame gen it in use.

Some of that makes no sense (I blame the poor naming convention if this tech!). If that where the case then it means that Intel would also be blocking the enablement of amds frame gen......

Back
Top Bottom