• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just waiting for the next big game release...

4k8Q9Dv.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm actually fine tuning my V build with the right perks and attributes to be lethal enough but not too OP. It's all about the melee finishers now without killing an NPC on the spot lol. I've done my part at showing someone they were wrong so I don't need to read anything further until the next game comes out that uses RT/PT where ICAT will come into play :cry:

Soldato

Introducing Frame Generation - LSFG
Introducing LSFG 1.0 - a universal frame generator that can be used for most games and not only. Designed from the ground up using machine learning to run on a wide range of GPUs, including integrated graphics cards. Can be used with or without scaling.
The recommended minimum to have the best quality is 60 FPS in a game and a 120 Hz monitor, but it can also be used in a combination of 30 FPS and 60 Hz in some games at a resolution of up to 1080p.

To read the brief guide and see all the changes, please check release notes.

2.5.0 released

Have you been waiting?

Introducing LSFG 1.0 - a universal frame generator that can be used for most games and not only. Designed from the ground up using machine learning to run on a wide range of GPUs, including integrated graphics cards. Can be used with or without scaling.
The recommended minimum to have the best quality is 60 FPS in a game and a 120 Hz monitor, but it can also be used in a combination of 30 FPS and 60 Hz in some games at a resolution of up to 1080p.
In the current state of LSFG, the game MUST be locked to half your monitor's refresh rate for proper frame pacing. It is recommended that you reset all LS driver settings and disable any settings in the "Rendering" section before testing, you can enable these later if required. The appearance of any overlay above the LS window may disrupt frame generation until LS is deactivated. In case of issues and not only, I invite you to our Discord community[discord.gg], where the frame generation was beta tested.

Other changes:
- Reworked render pipeline to minimize latency and eliminate stutters;
- New "Off" scaling type, for case when you only need frame generation. "Resize before scaling" option still can be used when using this type;
- Removed displaying of frame time to save resources;

LSFG 1.0 is a new competitor to DLSS 3 and FSR 3.0, enables Frame Generation in all PC games on all GPUs​

Now here is a pleasant surprise. The author of the Lossless Scaling program has released a new version that can enable Frame Generation in all PC games on all GPUs.

Yeap, you read that right. With this program, you can enable Frame Generation in all games. And yes, you can enable FG even in games that don’t support DLSS 3 or FSR 3.0.

According to its author, the recommended minimum to have the best quality is 60 FPS in a game and a 120 Hz monitor. That’s exactly what NVIDIA and AMD recommend for both DLSS 3 and FSR 3.0.

From the looks of it, LSFG is not compatible with VRR monitors. According to its description, the game MUST be locked to half your monitor’s refresh rate for proper frame pacing. The appearance of any overlay above the LS window may also disrupt frame generation until LS is deactivated.

For example, owners of a 120hz monitor will have to lock their games to 60fps. Then, by using LSFG, they’ll be able to run it at 120fps with proper framepacing. Anything other than that and you may get framepacing issues. So, it’s not an ideal solution but hey, it works in all games and on all GPUs.

Now what’s amazing about LSFG (at least when compared to AMD’s AFMF) is that it will not disable itself during fast movements. That was my main issue with AMD AFMF. So, LSFG sounds better than what AMD implemented in its drivers. And, according to reports, it also works on emulators like RPCS3 and Yuzu. That’s huge.

The bad news here is that Lossless Scaling is not a free tool. So, in order to take advantage of its Frame Generation tech, you’ll have to buy it.

I haven’t personally tested it myself yet. However, I’ll be sure to do so and report my findings in a future article. Since I’m sensitive to mouse movement, I’m curious to see whether it introduces a lot of lag. But, if you can’t wait until then, you can go ahead and get it from Steam.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
From the looks of it, LSFG is not compatible with VRR monitors. According to its description, the game MUST be locked to half your monitor’s refresh rate for proper frame pacing. The appearance of any overlay above the LS window may also disrupt frame generation until LS is deactivated.
uAC2Xb5.gif

Imagine paying for 120Hz and only using it at 60Hz :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
uAC2Xb5.gif

Imagine paying for 120Hz and only using it at 60Hz :cry:

There is a VRR fix now from what I'm reading. Also not sure who these people are and what their reputation is, but thought you guys here may like it.

Time will tell if it is worth considering, only real use I see for it is for the windows handheld pcs, like the ASUS ALLY, Lenovo Go and the new MSI Claw or steamdeck if you installed windows and all the generic other brand pc handhelds.

Just stuck this up here for all the frame generation people that like the feature.

Last edited:
Soldato

I like the idea of icat but I'm not spending a lot of time comparing image settings outside of gaming time; so what would make this software a lot more useful to be personally would be if it had an in game overlay and a quick way to capture video or photos, that I could pull up while in a game and quickly compare the difference between multiple graphics settings.

Some games have an image on screen that shows the difference between settings but it's very few that do it, like 1% of games only and if this tool could do that it would be awesome. It would need to work with a controller as well since I game with a controller 90% of the time so I need to be able to use icat without a mouse

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom