Do dealerships not negotiate on used cars any more?

Ah fair enough. I drive about 6 miles a day, on a normal day at least. So I could get 3-5 days out of it probably.

Annoyingly, I've found two that are in my price range but both have cloth seats, which I'm not keen on. Maybe I can overlook that...not sure.
In Japan that is more premium :D

You soon get into the habit of plugging the car in when you get home btw. No need to try and stretch. I just use a 3 pin on a full EV; I'm 10k miles in now. Works great.

In Japan that is more premium :D

You soon get into the habit of plugging the car in when you get home btw. No need to try and stretch. I just use a 3 pin on a full EV; I'm 10k miles in now. Works great.

Japanese people are different. There's just something awesome about a BMW with leather seats.

I would definitely have no problem plugging the car in hah

Make sure you get on Octopus Go or w/e it is! 8.5p a kwh

Nice. I might be able to charge for a similar price at work without changing my tariff.

I'm a bit gutted about the lack of leather tbh. I know the car would still feel premium, but it's not the same. My Audi has half leather and that's lovely.

Basically, you don't get leather for under £20k!

Last edited:
You want an M Sport with these, the standard specification is better and will include leather.

You want an M Sport with these, the standard specification is better and will include leather.

Unfortunately, it's out of my price range. The two I'm looking at are either a 318i M Sport (leather) or a 330e Pro.

I'd love to pull away from complete reliability on petrol. I guess the thing to do is see one with cloth.

Last edited:
The Pre FL Msport is the one to go for, heated leather, electric boot, rear cam, nicer bumpers etc. If you like audio go for the HK option, its still not great but significantly better than the base setup. Msport in the 330e is a well setup car, ride really is excellent.

Last edited:
I'm a bit gutted about the lack of leather tbh. I know the car would still feel premium, but it's not the same. My Audi has half leather and that's lovely.
you don't get real leather in bmw's unless it's optioned - I've lived with their artificial leather for 20years - it's not like sitting on you sofa,
and breathability / heat conduction aren't great, predominately in a hot climate where I've used them most.
e: I'd take a leather option above any M body kit every day of the week.

Last edited:
you don't get real leather in bmw's unless it's optioned - I've lived with their artificial leather for 20years - it's not like sitting on you sofa

What? Artificial leather is not common on UK specification cars and it's only recently that it's become widely available, it's usually found as part of the half leather options (but is now available on the 3 series but only in the last year or so).

Both of the leather options on the 2019-2022 3 series are genuine leather. They've certainly not been offering artificial leather for 20 years in the UK.

e: I'd take a leather option above any M body kit every day of the week

I don't understand, why would that be a choice? The M Sport on these cars gives you leather seats.

Last edited:
The Pre FL Msport is the one to go for, heated leather, electric boot, rear cam, nicer bumpers etc. If you like audio go for the HK option, its still not great but significantly better than the base setup. Msport in the 330e is a well setup car, ride really is excellent.

I'm going on what's available rather than exactly what I'd like!

Obviously depends what is available both market and options wise but I've very mixed feelings on leather - I've been through a bunch of different seats over the years and think I actually prefer the half-Alcantara half-leather ones in my Qashqai over any other combination, I've had/currently own vehicles with very nice full leather but days like today the half and half ones come into their own.

Obviously depends what is available both market and options wise but I've very mixed feelings on leather - I've been through a bunch of different seats over the years and think I actually prefer the half-Alcantara half-leather ones in my Qashqai over any other combination, I've had/currently own vehicles with very nice full leather but days like today the half and half ones come into their own.

I'm inclined to agree with you - some leather is nice. It's likely I'll end up with full cloth. I'm hoping that as it's a BMW cloth, it'll be much nicer than you'd get in something else...

Obviously it's your choice, but is there any reason you're so fixed on a 3 series vs other options given you seem to be really limiting yourself to very few options?

Comes down to price. I'd like a BMW, auto, petrol or petrol hybrid, under £20k, under 60k miles, 2020 onwards (finance criteria), five doors. Doesn't leave that many options!

The finance criteria also really drives you to BMW, although you can go to some dealers. But there still aren't many cars fitting this spec that are compatible with Halifax PCP, which is 6.2%!

Last edited:
Obviously it's your choice, but is there any reason you're so fixed on a 3 series vs other options given you seem to be really limiting yourself to very few options?

I am guessing his budget is around £20k - for this money there is nothing in this class of car that is anything like as good as the 3 Series. He will be looking at the first of the current generation car - a Mercedes C Class will be the previous generation version at this price - a good car but against the previous 3 Series not the current one. The Audi A4 will be the current version but I'd find it difficult to recommend one over the 3 Series.

It really is a very good car, arguably the best 3 Series yet.

Wait for something you actually want then. I spent 4-5 months looking for my 3 Series and it was worth waiting for the right one.

I would really like to wait. It depends when my car is collected, and if we can manage having one car in the mean time. I think work may have a spare fleet vehicle which isn't being used, so that might be an option for the short term.

I'd not over spend on a pre FL 3 series tbh, theres been a 2nd facelift just announced and theres stacks of these coming at the end of their leases into the used market. Ive been quoted 13.5k to buy mine back, but thats with fairly high miles, i still think its a tad over priced.

Back
Top Bottom