Doctor Who

People aren't bothered by "current and topical issues" though, are they? What people are bothered by is the constant shoehorning in of woke agenda ******** into nearly every TV show when it's not needed and adds nothing to the story. It's pretty ******* obvious to anyone with more than a couple of braincells that it's only done in order to tick boxes and to give themselves a pat on the back.
Trans rights and identity isn't a current issue? OK then.

It's clear it is as people are getting their knickers in a twist over it. Personally it doesn't affect or bother me. I just watch and enjoy. Not always about ticking boxes, bringing topics to the attention of viewers and for example the hate, discrimination and bullying that trans and to a point people with disabilities face on a daily basis is clearly an important subject as people will talk about it, clearly its effected people on here and twitter etc as they are literally frothing at the mouth in disgust that they should even be mentioned or be part of a storyline.

Ah nuts. I was looking forward to this. I will still watch it to make up my own mind but I was hoping for rave reviews.
Just because some disliked it because of some factors doesn't mean others will. Many people enjoyed it. I did for example.

Last edited:
But the Unit woman in the wheel chair crossed her legs. I thought she was paralysed, hence wheelchair. Anyway, tennent and tate work well together.

So is the black girl supposed to be trans? the chavs on the bikes were calling her a male name. Lots of boxes ticked, hopefully just in ep1 and the story can be concentrated on for the rest of the series.

It's clear it is as people are getting their knickers in a twist over it. Personally it doesn't affect or bother me. I just watch and enjoy. Not always about ticking boxes, bringing topics to the attention of viewers and for example the hate, discrimination and bullying that trans and to a point people with disabilities face on a daily basis is clearly an important subject as people will talk about it, clearly its effected people on here and twitter etc as they are literally frothing at the mouth in disgust that they should even be mentioned or be part of a storyline.

Just because some disliked it because of some factors doesn't mean others will. Many people enjoyed it. I did for example.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are to Dr Who what JonneyMendoza is to Star Citizen.

Last edited:
But the Unit woman in the wheel chair crossed her legs. I thought she was paralysed, hence wheelchair. Anyway, tennent and tate work well together.

So is the black girl supposed to be trans? the chavs on the bikes were calling her a male name. Lots of boxes ticked, hopefully just in ep1 and the story can be concentrated on for the rest of the series.
You don't have to be paralysed to need a wheel chair.

Also the actress playing Rose is trans and so is the character. That was made very obvious, Donna and Slyvie even had a conversation about it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are to Dr Who what JonneyMendoza is to Star Citizen.
Don't ev3n know what you are trying to say here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It wasn't just the non-binary/pronouns part though:

- The UNIT boss in a wheelchair - fine a none issue, but then let's double down on that by giving them weapons and having them save the day, after having Davros publicly retconned because you can't have evil disabled people.

- unnecessary acknowledgement about above wheelchair user being able to get up the stairs

- the whole "we can let it out because we are female" (or whatever the exact words were) - seriously?
I did say 'mostly' OK :).
Far better than the whole Jodie era.
Yep, even with my rant it's far better than any of the episodes from her stint as the Doctor. That is setting a low bar though.

Had to turn it off after 25 mins. Everything just awful apart from Tennant.

Some of the worst 'acting' i've seen in years - where the hell do they find these people?! Rose in particular. Tate trying to act. Jesus.

Thought it would be fun to dip in and watch again, but boy was I wrong. No wonder I stopped watching.

They're of no concern to 95% of the population I'd say, never mind an "issue". People are concerned with cost of llving, the NHS, the state of schools, the state of infrastructure, the fact we have ther worst govt in History, you might also want to look at actual demonisation of the disabled by the tories, not what the BBC is spinning isd important around disability, that disabled people now can't be evil, this isn't equality, it's the exact opposite, it's extremely patronising and virtue signalling.

It is always about ticking boxes and political lecturing, Dr Who has become a little more than a public information film about DEI, every single decision around this show is made thru the lens of DEI, it's just wilfull denial to think otherwise. You can pretend Who is still Who but it isn't.

It's now become Dr. Wtf? and the ratings prove that the vast majority of the Who fan-base think the same.

BBBc had nothing to do with disabled people can't be bad, that decision was totally down to RTD.

Just because some people don't think about it or doesn't feel relevant to them, trans and disabled issues are very much an important topic because so much hate and bad stuff is still around at the minute. Try telling a trans person that their problems and issues don't matter!

BBBc had nothing to do with disabled people can't be bad, that decision was totally down to RTD.

Just because some people don't think about it or doesn't feel relevant to them, trans and disabled issues are very much an important topic because so much hate and bad stuff is still around at the minute. Try telling a trans person that their problems and issues don't matter!

For all intents and purposes they are the same thing, RTD got hired because he'd happily continue with the propaganda.

Not an issue for 95% of the populsation, whereas the issues I listed are nearly universal and apply to 95%...yet where's 95% of the BBC's focus here? - On the 5% distraction...

;)

Last edited:
Oh the daily mail. I knew they'd have a problem.

It's no use just slamming the source and then hoping the facts now don't matter...

We're now being lectured on how not to "mis-gender" aliens...)

"Rose, who is played by transgender actress, Yasmin Finney, 19, questioned the Doctor's assumption that the alien was a 'he', asking him: 'You're assuming he as a pronoun?'

The Doctor, after realising his mistake, then apologised and asked Meep if it was a 'he or she or they', to which the creature replied: 'My chosen pronoun is the definite article. I am always The Meep'.

This is what Who is now, a teaching aid for DEI propaganda. An iconic SCI-FI series reduced to what would have been in the 1980's a primary school educational video, on an actual VHS tape (or Betamax I don't wish to use exclusionary language) to be played in an actual VHS (or Betamax) video recorder.

:cry:

Last edited:
Well if people have an issue with people's choice of pronouns or mislabeling then then raising the topic is only a good thing, to make people more aware.

Most people tune in to tv shows / films to enjoy them and be entertained, don't be surprised when agendas that are regularly pushed down our throats lead to many turning off. I watch shows to enjoy them, not have 'awareness' raised.

If leople can't get over or are that annoyed by something then surely that's their problem. I enjoyed and was entertained. It really didn't bother me as I was enjoying the story of the Star Beast. I wouldn't even say there was an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom