Doctor Who

If a person has changed gender or is changing or doesn't feel like that fit in a label crested for them then that's not mislabelling.

Then that's their personal decision, it's not incumbent on me or anyone else just to accept someone's wish fulfillment is the same as medical and biological fact.

Fun fact: People don't like being lectured about things they don't believe in while trying to relax after work, we don't get religion rammed down our throats on TV, why should we accept pronouns propaganda?

Anyway, we're veering off the destruction of WHO which continues unabated.

:)

Then that's their personal decision, it's not incumbent on me or anyone else just to accept someone's wish fulfillment is the same as medical and biological fact.

Fun fact: People don't like being lectured about things they don't believe in while trying to relax after work, we don't get religion rammed down our throats on TV, why should we accept pronouns propaganda?

Anyway, we're veering off the destruction of WHO which continues unabated.

:)

If you want to be called Jeff and your name is Albert, do you not think it's rude to constantly call you Albert? Isn't that just basic manners?

Ah nuts. I was looking forward to this. I will still watch it to make up my own mind but I was hoping for rave reviews.
I got half way through and couldn't continue. Jesus wept. Maybe I'll give it another go to really give it a chance. Lovely to see David Tennant back though.

I was never much of a fan of Tenant, and less so of Donna, so the return of the pairing didn't exactly delight me. Struck me as another massively flawed storyline, clumsily told, with a ridiculous reset button and - oh my god - RTD put down the trowel! You don't have to lay it on so thick, trust your audience a little.

I was also kind of disappointed in the way they changed The Meep's appearance when it was revealed as evil. Why can't it be cute and evil?

Doctor Who joins The Mandalorian as something that I watch more in hope than expectation.

Last edited:
The meeps look was inspired by the original comic.

I could care less. Honestly, I find this defence of stuff kind of irritating. Yes, there's a massive catalogue of Doctor Who stuff from the past, and referencing it is nice for fans with knowledge of it, and building on good ideas from others makes sense, but this is a new series in a different media. The job of the makers of the show need to make the best show they can, not to include the best references to something most of the audience have never seen.

Thing is though is its a much loved story and a lot of people remember it fondly, David Tennent being one of them. The creators of the original story and comic visited the set and were so happy with the look of the Meep and loved how it was translated to a real puppet.

I get that younger fans will not know the story or the Meep but I think the cute helpless look helps fool people into thinking it's harmless. Then it shows its true colours.

Don't ev3n know what you are trying to say here. :rolleyes:
In case you arent a gamer and thus dont frequent the PC Games section, I can probably shed some light on his/her/their possible meaning here. I suspect he/she/they were suggesting that as with the referenced person and subject, you are so heavily biased or leant toward liking Dr Who that no matter what its contents are you will like it anyway and as such your opinion is irrelevant as it comes from such a position of one directional lean. At least thats what I am assuming he/she/they are saying.

Finally got round to watching the episode, good to see Tennant back, not so much Tate but one inherently comes with the other I guess. Thought the story was poor and still subject to the usual plotline conveniences , some of the acting was sixth form college level but at least Neil Patrick Harris is to come and he is awesome in everything he's in. Plus I will be miffed if he doesnt drop at least one Barney Legend-ary into his part :)

Best thing about the episode imo was the new theme tune which was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom