Doctor Who

well start was anticipating the emancipation of women ;
seemed a bit of a steal from T-1000 acid scene - otherwise the ship was more akin to Sunshine.

can't but help feeling these episodes are the last hurrah's

e: so was it available in 4K to see what the quality of the sfx was.

Last edited:
Much better than last week's episode.

No trans allegory noncense or hating on men. Very surprised.

Just a decentish doctor who episode. Although it felt like a regular episode rather than a special anniversary one. Was great seeing Wilfred.

Last edited:
Better than last week but not what I would call quality TV, felt like a run of the mill episode as above.

Also, the SFX, it’s absolutely horrific. Surely with Disney helping out they could offer some work placement kids to help out.

Well the sets were built by a guy that worked on Disney and Marvel, star Wars sets. So that's a big hit there. They are still using the same company for the visual effects work, though they can now see rough ideas of the cg set live on set with the green screen.

I never watch Who expecting perfect visual effects though.

Well the sets were built by a guy that worked on Disney and Marvel, star Wars sets. So that's a big hit there. They are still using the same company for the visual effects work, though they can now see rough ideas of the cg set live on set with the green screen.

I never watch Who expecting perfect visual effects though.

Bubble wrap, cardboard, spray paint. That's how you do Doctor Who visual effects.

What did real Donna say after fake Donna said 'because it's the name of a vegetable given to a woman'? I've listened to it 10 times and still can't make out her answer over the loud music.
Pretty sure she says "it just is" that's the only thing I can make out

Last edited:
I think Russell only picked him as he is a good actor and they worked together on It's a Sin. Newton being a white English guy isn't really relevant to the story though and it's only a short few minute scene done for a laugh. To be honest I didn't even notice his skin colour till I went online after watching.

I think Russell only picked him as he is a good actor and they worked together on It's a Sin. Newton being a white English guy isn't really relevant to the story though and it's only a short few minute scene done for a laugh. To be honest I didn't even notice his skin colour till I went online after watching.

"I mean yeah, it's not like History matters or anything, so if it's inconvinient we can always pretend it didn't happen, and make something up that suits the World we live in today"

- Sir Simon Schama.

It's a throw away scene for a joke about mavity and then that the Doctor and Donna thought he was hot, just a bit of fun. Issac was famous for his work, not because of his skin colour. Even if his skin colour was different he would still have made the discovery. Its not like they cast an English white guy as Martin Luther King. As his skin colour really was relevant.

Back
Top Bottom