Doctor Who

Ended up deleting them without watching - I'm done with it.

Life's too short to watch crap, I'd sooner rewatch the older series
s8jtjNA_d.webp

Last edited:
Just got through the 2 episodes.

I think Ncuti is a great actor, he was fantastic in Sex Education. But as the Doctor, he just doesn't look right. I will give it time though as we thought the same about Matt Smith, too young etc - but i thought he ended up being a great Doctor.

Episodes themselves:

1st episode: Space babies. a literal bogey man and everyone being saved by a giant fart - wtaf? Absolute garbage.

2nd episode: Maestro was a cool bad person, but straight away with the, "I'm a them" and then "i wrote this song for Trudy when she broke up with her girlfriend". Why the emphasis on woke? Just write naturally ffs. Loved the Maestro playing the piano at the start which fed into the opening credits. There's always a twist at the end, was good, but then they dragged out the scene, but was fun. Don't mind musical episodes, all the shows seem to be doing it recently.

Overall, it looks very stylish, loved that they changed clothes to suit the era, but the stories so far are a bit pants. Will keep watching to see where it goes :)

dead ringers great bbc satire show, sketch on who
cybermen decided that attacking jodie, a women, wouldn't do anything for their social media status and being called out as mysogonists.
and daleks feeling that attacking a black gay man would similarly result in ghosting, bad socials.
doctor also successfully pays off some of the aliens to go away.
half an hour well spent - is there any other good stuff on youtube ?

Remember the old saying "Know your audience"

FfbBvEN.png

I bet they really thought doctor who fans are so captivated they would never leave, families will watch it no matter what.

Last edited:
Not the first time he held a big 12in long meat stick i reckon considering the show he came from. :p Actually it kinda looks like one of them penis pumps from that screengrab jokster. :D

Last edited:
Just got through the 2 episodes.

I think Ncuti is a great actor, he was fantastic in Sex Education. But as the Doctor, he just doesn't look right. I will give it time though as we thought the same about Matt Smith, too young etc - but i thought he ended up being a great Doctor.
He's a charismatic presence to be sure, he's really the only good thing about it tbh.

Terribly boring this weeks, basically one small area, a lot of talking and not much adventuring. Skyline was nice tho.
I was expecting more but almost an entire episode with Ncuti stuck in one spot... guess that was the "lets save some money on the season budget" episode. 3/5. Space babies... 1/5. Last weeks 2/5 so I guess its improving... maybe.

Last edited:
Terribly boring this weeks, basically one small area, a lot of talking and not much adventuring. Skyline was nice tho.
easily the best plot line/story/concept and script of the season so far though. Written by Steve Moffat rather than RTD which is likely why.

The first two episodes were dire though so that wouldn’t be tough admittedly.

Unfortunately it looks like most episodes in the series have been written by Russell t Davies so I’d assume that it’ll be back to the prior level of garbage next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom