Doctor Who

Bridgerton with the doctor being in touch with his feelings and ofc had to put a kiss in, they just couldn't help themselves. Need to make it very clear the doctor is fruity as it's very important to the plot.

At least Riversong had a plot line that spanned multiple regenerations with a likable character.

Last edited:
As much as is being made (both positively and negatively) about the kiss, it wasn't even the first kiss between The Doctor and another male character. That honour would go to Capt Jack (John Barrowman) who kissed the Ninth Doctor back in 2005, all be it in a less romantic manner of course -

The overall viewing figures are down about 20% since the premiere, despite Ep4 having a bump back up to premiere levels and then taking another 20% slump so I still don't see where this "for every bigot we lose we'll gain 3-5 new viewers" claim from Cast member Jinx meets any form of reality with these slumping viewing figures and ratings. So where are all these new fans who should be flooding this "modern audience" version of Doctor Who, why are they oddly missing, will anyone ever admit they were wrong about making this for a fanbase which, by now at least, obviously doesn't exist in anywhere near as large numbers as people believe it does?

(so many grammar/spelling edits :()

Last edited:
Bridgeton with Billie Eilish playing at the ball. Strange.
I haven't watched the entire episode yet, but it seemed OK. It does puzzle me that the doctors gender, race, likes/dislikes and now orientation can change when he regenerates. I mean, normally we don't call that "regeneration", we call that "being a different person". Ah well.
I am not sure how many parents will like it though. Torchwood was exclusively for adults, if I remember.
Anyway, sick of being picked on by minorities, I've decided to come out as a green bottlenose dolphin, and **** anyone who says I'm not... I have a selfie to prove it.....

So sad what doctor who has become :(

Ratings have literally halved for this season, yet they don't even seem to care.

They're just gaslighting, they know it's ****, they know the fans hate it, but they'll keep on making it out of spite until it is untenable - which can't be long. Probably just waiting to see if they can fit in a diverse drag Doctor in a wheelchair before someone at the BBC/Disney comes to their senses.

Ratings down the u-bend, the shill media pretending it's good, and that's what they do, and the only people left tuning in are Doctor Who fans who cling on out of misguided loyalty and cope.

Someone said they Ncuti came back after an episode away and ratings fell by 500,000.

:cry:

Bridgeton with Billie Eilish playing at the ball. Strange.
I haven't watched the entire episode yet, but it seemed OK. It does puzzle me that the doctors gender, race, likes/dislikes and now orientation can change when he regenerates. I mean, normally we don't call that "regeneration", we call that "being a different person". Ah well.
I am not sure how many parents will like it though. Torchwood was exclusively for adults, if I remember.
Anyway, sick of being picked on by minorities, I've decided to come out as a green bottlenose dolphin, and **** anyone who says I'm not... I have a selfie to prove it.....

Stunning and brave.

So sad what doctor who has become :(

Ratings have literally halved for this season, yet they don't even seem to care.
Rating don't mean anything these days. It's remained fairly steady for the fully run and as it falls in line with usually UK TV ratings of late it's not just Doctor Who that now has fewer viewers than it used to.

For example, the week of 20-26th May Doctor Who was the 12th most watched show and the 5th watched watch show across the whole of the BBC. So yes less viewers but still amount the most watched shows.

With so many options of what to watch and when and when to watch it viewing figures really aren't as much of a thing these days. If 4 million gets you the 12th most watched programmes and the most watched programme of the week only has 6.8 million you can clearly see a trend now that there are just fewer people watching broadcast TV. It's not JUST Doctor Who.

Bridgerton with Billie Eilish playing at the ball. Strange.

You also had them playing poker face at one point.

Not watched the episode yet but for all the talk of turning fans off, the Doctor Who forum seem to be enjoying the fact it's annoying a certain demographic as much as the episode and the Subreddit only seem to be talking about the episode in a positive light.

Perhaps the writers do understand the fans better than the people that call themselves fans just so they act all butthurt on the Internet.

Not watched the episode yet but for all the talk of turning fans off, the Doctor Who forum seem to be enjoying the fact it's annoying a certain demographic as much as the episode and the Subreddit only seem to be talking about the episode in a positive light.

Perhaps the writers do understand the fans better than the people that call themselves fans just so they act all butthurt on the Internet.

Do you really think those that have given up on Doctor Who would still be posting in dedicated Doctor Who forums / subreddits?

It's called an echo chamber. They don't speak for everyone. And if they're 'enjoying' annoying a certain demographic then I think that tell you everything you need to know about their 'opinions'.

Do you really think those that have given up on Doctor Who would still be posting in dedicated Doctor Who forums / subreddits?

It's called an echo chamber. They don't speak for everyone. And if they're 'enjoying' annoying a certain demographic then I think that tell you everything you need to know about their 'opinions'.
Fan forums are echo chambers?

The viewing figures show a 20% slump, so where are all these fans that the writers understand so much better, why aren't these fans watching any more, where are all the new Reddit/Fan site forum fans who are replacing all those who don't watch any more?

I don't know where these fans are, all I see is lower and lower numbers of people watching and therefore more and more people turning away from the show which means the opposite of what you've said, it means the writers don't understand "the fans" if the writing is making fans leave.

The viewing figures show a 20% slump, so where are all these fans that the writers understand so much better, why aren't these fans watching any more, where are all the new Reddit/Fan site forum fans who are replacing all those who don't watch any more?

I don't know where these fans are, all I see is lower and lower numbers of people watching and therefore more and more people turning away from the show which means the opposite of what you've said, it means the writers don't understand "the fans" if the writing is making fans leave.
Casuals rather than fans.

This season has had pretty stable ratings over every episode.

I don't know about being a casual fan but I watched from 1980 until halfway through season 1 of Jodie/Chibnall and it had become dire. It took real effort and perserverence to cast me out from Doctor Who fandom after 40+ years. I'm waiting for a groundswell of people to say it's improved so I can come back, but we haven't hit rock bottom yet I fear.

Back
Top Bottom