Doctor Who

Soldato
It's seems like a number of people have been left confused by this, some called it lazy writing because some bits were left ambiguous. That's how some of the greatest horrors of the past have done things and usually works better.

That fear of the unknown, not knowing when was said or what happened was more unsettling than having it all explained and broken down.

There was nothing left unanswered that needed to be answered.

Well which is it? In one post you say bits were left ambiguous and that it's more unsettling not having it all explained and then you say that nothing was left unanswered that needed to be.

Clearly there was if lots of people have plot hole questions. But then again it doesn't matter what Doctor Who does, you'll always be there to blindly defend it.

Soldato
Something being left to our imagination or interpretation is not unanswered.

People seem to have forgotten how to fill in blanks or work out things in their own minds, without some detailing every little thing.

Most commonly, where did the doctor go - well clearly after he stepped on the faerie circle he ceased to exist. The TARDIS powered down as he was no longer there. Why people are finding that part so difficult to fathom I really don't know.

There was no explanation required, it aas obvious that he was no longer there.

Soldato
There was a lot left unanswered that I think needs answers and some things which can be left to the imagination. But what happened to the doctor is very difficult to just leave to the imagination.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a lot left unanswered that I think needs answers and some things which can be left to the imagination. But what happened to the doctor is very difficult to just leave to the imagination.

He broke the circle so someone had to pay, someone had to "make it right". That someone was Millie. The doctore didn't leave, she did! She effectively went down a different timeline without him and could only return when she put things right.
But there are still things I am not sure about.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I disagree.

Think of it like an old Tales of the Unexpected episode where some things are just left unexplained.

I thought it was a superb episode, the best we've had for a long, long time and it was even more impressive that it was the first one they filmed. Millie Gibson showed that she's more than just a pretty face.

Caporegime
Caught up with the new series during the week.

First episode was a pretty terrible start, absolutely hated the children as well as the bogey man. Felt like a generic, paint by numbers episode.

Second episode might be the worst episode of Who I've ever watched but I checked out midway through Capaldi's tenure so not sure what I've missed since. Felt like Maestro was hamming it up for a BGT/AGT audition.

Really enjoyed episode three. Bit generic, like episode one, but it was much better written and Gatwa was excellent throughout.

Four, as above, best episode of Who I've watched for years. No idea how RTD's capable of something like that after the first two episodes. More like this please.

Last edited:
Soldato

First episode was a pretty terrible start, absolutely hated the children as well as the bogey man. Felt like a generic, paint by numbers episode.

Second episode might be the worst episode of Who I've ever watched but I checked out midway through Capaldi's tenure so not sure what I've missed since. Felt like Maestro was hamming it up for a BGT/AGT audition.

Really enjoyed episode three. Bit generic, like episode one, but it was much better written and Gatwa was excellent throughout.

Four, as above, best episode of Who I've watched for years. No idea how RTD's capable of something like that after the first two episodes. More like this please.

The BBC gets stuck in it's ways. They follow a recipe until it catches fire. They constantly aim Dr Who at kids and fail to notice that the one time they didn't it was probably it's most successful.

Soldato

Episode 3 or Boom was written by Steven Moffat.

Caporegime
The BBC gets stuck in it's ways. They follow a recipe until it catches fire. They constantly aim Dr Who at kids and fail to notice that the one time they didn't it was probably it's most successful.
Media needs to adapt or it'll die.

If they don't aim at least some episodes towards kids, they'll never pick them up as viewers leaving them with exactly no viewers when the older generations aren't around any more.

I'd love stories spanning multiple episodes, like we had in the past, but there's so much media to consume these days, people either don't have the time or don't want to commit the time as we once did.

Episode 3 or Boom was written by Steven Moffat.
I know. Absolutely hated him while he was at the helm but his one off episodes are usually a cut above the rest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it wasn't very subtle at the end but was it really needed?
I don't think it's realistic for advanced societies that can populate other planets (ignoring they are stupid bubble people) to be racist. It's a very backwards and primitive idea.

Themed episodes in oppressive times sure go ahead, as it's realistic.

Last edited:
Soldato
What didn't you like?

The first 90% of the episode was like a Tesco Value version of Black Mirror. The last 10% of the episode was that white people are very racist against black people and would rather go off and die than be saved. It's just preaching nonsense. Don't even get me started on the alphabet lists.

Back
Top Bottom