Doctor Who

Man of Honour
I'm probably the only one on here who can remember Dr Who when it first started and even though I watched it as a kid I was never a fan. As I went through my teens I didn't watch it because of the shoddy production and sets.
However, in my late 40's and I've loved the last two series because they've put a bit of effort into the characters and SFX.

Associate
DailyGeek said:
On the other hand my girlfriend is obsessed with it and makes me watch it, now i like it :)

Same here, I saw some of the first series, but now I love it and was rushing having a bath just to cath it :o

She's really excited about next weeks episode, not because of K9, but Giles of Buffy is in it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I'm probably the only one on here who can remember Dr Who when it first started

Heh, I got into Doctor Who by watching the Hartnell episodes when the BBC repeated some while I was still in primary school. Over the years I managed to see all the episodes that survive, not in the right order though :) Damn shame that a lot of the Pat Troughton era is missing - I think it's something like 6 out of 21 stories still exist in complete form from his tenure?

Anyway, back to the present-day Who - tonight's episode was, as ever, excellent :D And next week see's Sarah Jane and K9 back on the show....can't wait!

Commissario
OP
Tonight's was OK. I'm not a great fan of the way werewolfs are depicted on films and TV. This one was quite like Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter film and I just wasn't keen on it.

K.

Commissario
Did anyone else cotton on to who might be in the next episode *spoilers*Going by the clip of the guy by the door, what he looked like, and what was written on it i'm thinking The Master may be back.*spoilers*

Tonights episode was pretty good, and I think it set up things for the future (Torchwood etc), and I may be easily amused but I liked the way Rose kept trying to get the Queen to say that she was "Not amused".

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Werewolf said:
Did anyone else cotton on to who might be in the next episode *spoilers*

There was some discussion over that spoiler a while back on some Doctor Who sites when the new series trailers came out Werewolf. I'm pretty sure it isn't the case, cool though it would be.

Soldato
Werewolf said:
I may be easily amused but I liked the way Rose kept trying to get the Queen to say that she was "Not amused".

Didn't you think they both got a bit childish, though? At least they got banished for it! Only to go outside and start insulting her family.....

I think they're being set up for a fall, Rose especially has become just a tad less likeable, and given that it's the same writer and the same Actress, I think it's deliberate ;)

Soldato
Feek said:
Tonight's was OK. I'm not a great fan of the way werewolfs are depicted on films and TV. This one was quite like Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter film and I just wasn't keen on it.

K.

Well I know they never look entirely real, but then they aren't. How should they look??

Associate
Top notch - liked the werewolf - the kids were hiding behind the sofa which reminded me of times when I used to watch Tom Baker.

My vote for worst Doctor Who = Sylvester Mccoy. He should be hung-drawn and quartered.

Soldato
RoB- said:
Another vote for Tom Baker as favorite Doctor.

Talons of Weng Chiang and Pyramids of Mars the 2 best stories ever.

Genesis of the Daleks has to be my all favorite time Tom Baker story :) Getting that DVD soon, got far too may copies of it on VHS, but one more won't hurt :)

Back
Top Bottom