Does something need to be done about illegal/unlicenced/uninsured electric vehicles on our roads (and pavements)

well the original point about why cyclists(&e-bikers) are unrestricted on 20mph roads, or that on shared pedestrian/cycle pathways they are equally unrestricted, is valid -

pedestrians are familiar with car speeds on 20mph zones so cyclists shouldn't represent an additional challenge, and, cyclists can be aggressive on the pathways,
although as a runner I've had two incidents cyclist handlebar clipped me and he fell off, and another where he crashed not appreciating in his detour that edge of path had a gutter.

Pedestrians are only aware if the bike or scooter is approaching from the front and they are not looking at their phone. When they approach from behind and the pedestrian has ear phones in, the only time they will be aware is when they go past them.

Just got back from the chemists and this is brilliant, just shows how some people view things.
I'm waiting outside for the Mrs and there's another bloke there and we're watching traffic on the crossings.
I said "Oh look two cars gone through on red and one coming the other way"
He just grunts
"Another one gone through"
Grunt
"Two gone through"
Grunt
and on it goes for 5 minutes.
A cyclist rides down, approaches the lights. looks left and right and goes over on red.
This bloke has a breakdown "rant rant rant cyclists red lights rant rant rant"
I said "Hold on, we've just watched around 20 cars go through on red and you only moan about the cyclist"
"Yes, what a b*******"" :)

We were standing by the side door

Last edited:
Yes, some people just become fixated on one thing and ignore anything else. Like I said earlier these entitled people want to do things their way and moan and cry if the same thing happens to them.

Was nearly hit by a Deliveroo cyclist today at a pedestrian crossing, lights were on red, saw the cyclist approaching and proceeded to cross expecting him to stop but he just kept approaching and then slammed the brakes on skidding into the pedestrian crossing and then continued on after I had walked across with the lights still on red!

Just seen a couple of entitled two wheelers while out walking the dog. First one was a cyclist who came out of a side junction onto the main road ( which is straight onto a 4 way roundabout, 2 roads coming from my right as I looked at the road). He was riding no handed while he was putting something into a bag across his chest which he then slung it behind him, it looked as he was going straight past me but he didn't, with no indication he mounted the path just to the left of me by about. The second was a woman on an electric scooter riding the wrong way on a one way street.

Just seen a couple of entitled two wheelers while out walking the dog. First one was a cyclist who came out of a side junction onto the main road ( which is straight onto a 4 way roundabout, 2 roads coming from my right as I looked at the road). He was riding no handed while he was putting something into a bag across his chest which he then slung it behind him, it looked as he was going straight past me but he didn't, with no indication he mounted the path just to the left of me by about. The second was a woman on an electric scooter riding the wrong way on a one way street.

Still nothing to what we see cars do every day.
Those two inbreds will basically only hurt themselves.

But there will come a time when a collision will happen and the defence will be "I've done it for years and never had a problem " society's answer to everything now.

But there will come a time when a collision will happen and the defence will be "I've done it for years and never had a problem " society's answer to everything now.

Which is exactly what we motorists do every day but we usually kill or maim people when it goes wrong.
Look at the Excessive Speeds thread where blokes are arguing about how fast they are able to go with 'No problems'.
You keep trying to make a point that people on two wheels are a menace when they are so low down on the killing & maiming order they're invisible.

Is this thread still about electric transport?

I was cycling home yesterday on my self propelled (!) bike and some guy absolutely shot passed me on a scooter with a motorbike crash helmet on. He was going some speed. I doubt his machine was legal.

I'd like to see a crack down on these things. It's getting rather out of control imo.

Which is exactly what we motorists do every day but we usually kill or maim people when it goes wrong.
Look at the Excessive Speeds thread where blokes are arguing about how fast they are able to go with 'No problems'.
You keep trying to make a point that people on two wheels are a menace when they are so low down on the killing & maiming order they're invisible.
This thread is about two wheels primarily so that is the main topic

Sometimes is not the size of the object on the road causing the damage, imagine a push bike not following traffic light and run a red light. A lorry have to do an emergency break or evasive move causing it to hit an on coming traffic and kill a family of 5 in a car..... just because a bike or ebike carry less momentum or kinetic energy the resulting accident could still be fatal.

Thought that I had had a good walk with the dog today until two cyclists came racing up the hill on the pavement while I was walking down. Again no thought for pedestrians just themselves.

Is this thread now the place to have a moan at cyclists in general?

I was out cycling today and also last week. I always slow right down to pass peds. Often get thanked for it as well. Esp with dogs/kids, which are entirely unpredictable; for them I might even stop completely if the path is too narrow to be absolutely sure of passing safely.

The problem is a lack of consideration. Or awareness. Or both.

But the fact remains that motorists being careless have the potential to kill and maim, much more readily than cyclists being inconsiderate.

it's crazy the amount of bikes scooters and old people on the roads .. with no insurance... had a guy on a bike fly past me and i was doing 40 no lights no nothing ... now if i had moved and hit him would have been my fault .. i'm on a motorbike btw
they should at least have insurance....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom