Doom Eternal

Associate
As an update, it seems that problem was caused by my Ambilight software. In fact, after a GFX driver update Doom Eternal shuts my PC down completely if Prismatik is activated.
I barely use it these days but will need to remember to set the lights to off in the future.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've completed the base game and moved straight onto the first part of the dlc... has my weapon customisation been lost from the base game? For example, I used to use the Heavy Cannon scope quite a bit - that's now lost and I don't appear to be able to customise?

Thanks.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Machine gun scope? The bolt gun or are you referring to the triple cannon gun? If it's the bolt gun, is it on that burst firing mode with two square canisters on either side of the chamber?

Soldato
Machine gun scope? The bolt gun or are you referring to the triple cannon gun? If it's the bolt gun, is it on that burst firing mode with two square canisters on either side of the chamber?
The Heavy Cannon, according to the DE weapon Wiki, sorry :)

IMG-20210912-004507.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
It's still there, need to use the modification bind to switch it back. It's likely in that burst firing mode.

Weapon Mod bind under Combat and Movement if I remember correctly. Right click is the default bind.

Last edited:
Associate
I spent so long doing the outdoor section near the end of that Master level with the three 'key' bits to open the final door. By long, I mean hours on that one arena section. So I hope it was on Nightmare.

And I definitely ran past the few demons in the close quarters end sprint :cry:

V F

V F

Soldato
Its a selectable 'Master Level' I think they're available when you've completed game. But yes, sounds about right.

I think I remember trying it. The purple goo on the floor was annoying slowing you down as the cacodemons and such were chasing you through the goo.

V F

V F

Soldato
Has anyone tried the Slayer Gate on the UAC level in Ancient Gods Part 1 on Nightmare? It's rough. I haven't managed to complete it yet but it has been good practice each night for mastering quick switching.

Everything dies so fast with quick switching except the big mancubus with poison. It starts getting real rough once the teleporting shield guys spawn with the Archvile, Cyberdemon and Doom Hunter. In between all the hordes of IMPs.

V F

V F

Soldato
What were your preferred Runes for that Slayer Gate? I can't seem to find a combination that works in there. Some work better for other battles. I think I'm too aggressive getting into their faces. I do love fighting those Dread Knights. They're so fun.

Back
Top Bottom