Doom Eternal

V F

V F

Soldato
Am I right in saying the Marauders seem more aggressive? The two at the end of the UAC facility seemed very aggressive compared to passed Marauders I encountered. While I was facing one the other was up my ass. I had to funnel them in sections almost hit and run multiple times.

V F

V F

Soldato
I use Chrono-Strike Dazed&Confused & SavingThrow.

Plus, my mistake, i just completed that slayer gate on nightmare, (to make sure) and you do actually get the 'Take Back' rune in Ancient Gods 1.

Edit: My current 'mini' run just ended at the souped-up marauder in the blood Swamps. Was quite do-able before, but since the 6.66 'update' i don't think i can be bothered any more :)

What a difference swapping out one Rune makes for that Slayer Gate. I was originally running Dazed and Confused, Punch Reave and Air Control. Switched out Air Control for Equipment Fiend for crowd control.

It's a totally different Slayer Gate now.

I tried Chrono Strike, it's not bad though but couldn't take to it. Found it a distraction to the flow.

Associate
I'm at an impass. I've completed Ancient Gods Part2 multiple times in the past, but since the 6.66 update, its harder. So much so, that i'm stuck on 'Reclaimed Earth' the last big fight before you move on as i recall.

Starts out easy enough with a DoomHunter, then a DoomHunter+ a BaronOfHell~+a cursed prowler, then a superharged Spirit-Mancubus, Then...and this is the hard bit, an Archvile + a cyberdemon, and a host of other nasties which are on you....instantly. Damn, did i say it was hard?

Ok i conquered it straight after i wrote this :/

Associate
Is anyone else's game a little buggy with regards to the challenges and mission achievements? I 100% completed the base game with all the mission achievements done and now half of them are missing and when u try and do them they don't register at all.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm at an impass. I've completed Ancient Gods Part2 multiple times in the past, but since the 6.66 update, its harder. So much so, that i'm stuck on 'Reclaimed Earth' the last big fight before you move on as i recall.

Starts out easy enough with a DoomHunter, then a DoomHunter+ a BaronOfHell~+a cursed prowler, then a superharged Spirit-Mancubus, Then...and this is the hard bit, an Archvile + a cyberdemon, and a host of other nasties which are on you....instantly. Damn, did i say it was hard?

Ok i conquered it straight after i wrote this :/

Cursed? Those the purple ones? When the spirits leave the bodies trying to reclaim them...

V F

V F

Soldato
@Spartacus1972 Did you find the trials for The father's Sphere hard on Nightmare? It was very sweaty I found on stage 1. All the Mancubus with one armoured, then Fireborne Barons, all the Revenants, Arachnotrons and the possessed Arachnotron. The possessed one was a crazy aimbot let alone the damage it pumped out. Then the two Archviles and the one Doom Hunter. Let alone all the shield guys and IMP pests.

It felt like a Slayer Gate on steroids.

I had to swap out Runes for speed boosts on glory kills. Normal moving was way too slow even with dashing.

My eyes were almost watering at one part. :cry:

I need to find a better bind for the precision bolt.

Associate
Just had a session on the Atlantica base in the DCL and nobody told me how intense the game could get with just a five-ten second breather between waves. But sometimes you've got to be either Spiderman or a parkour champion for some of the jumping sections (they look so easy on the Youtube videos). Still love it though.

Associate
They do explain some of the the changes to colour though.

Ammo drops are now colour coded so you can quickly identify the type of ammo, and the weapon wheel is using colour as visual aid to give an quick indication of ammo levels for each weapon.
(I just hope they do add some additional shading and detail to these dropped items so they look a little more real and less cartoon like).

They said that ammo in general will be a little less abundant this time around.
Also sounds like they putting a lot of thought into weapon balancing and how demons will effectively resist and counter based on the weapon you use.

Crouch is gone, a grappling hook that pulls you towards objects in multi vector way, movement dashing, wall climbing and post swings are in.
Shoulder mounted secondary weapon means you can keep firing you primary weapon at the same time.
Forearm mounted cutting blade for more deadly glory killing (would you like one slice or two sir).
Instant death respawn when you have the 1UPS in reserve.

Nah I have complete trust that they know what they doing.
IMHO we could be in for an master class showing in the frantic non-stop FPS genre.

This vid shows some of changes from the earlier dem versions.

[EDIT] Pre-ordered from CDkeys.

The ;post swings and wall climbing sessions look a lot easier in the videos and some of them could have been a bit easier For some of them it's more like spiderman and a parkour session. I think that a lot of players who can't get past a certain jumping/swinging/climbing section're going to be put off becuase they can't get any further no matter how many goes they have at it.

Back
Top Bottom