Doom Eternal

Associate
Just fired it up again to check out the new patch, i installed new drivers, and now the game runs like complete ass. Was always super smooth and lovely before, on a 2070S. What have they done to ruin it?

Caporegime
GeForce Hotfix Driver 471.22

The hotfix addresses the following issue:

Doom Eternal may crash to desktop during gameplay [3331270]
League of Legends [Tencent] may fail to launch [200744747]
Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode [200741796]
[HDMI 2.1][8K] HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes [3268312]
Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5212

Soldato

Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode [200741796]
[HDMI 2.1][8K] HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes [3268312]
Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]

Cheers mate ill try these later.

ne0

ne0

Associate

I need this, my PC is affected for some reason :/

Soldato
I was having random stutters with RT on using an RTX 3080 FE and a 3900X at 1440P with Gsync but they have definitely gone away ever since I disabled DLSS. I don't know if it's a coincidence, it's rather an odd problem for DLSS to cause. Also, I haven't had a single crash on the 471.11 driver (not the hotfix) which is also odd.

Performance is still great without DLSS, it's hitting 144FPS most of the time on my 144Hz monitor and RT reflections are rendered at a much higher resolution; they are disappointingly low resolution with DLSS which is a pity given the developers of Ratchet and Clank on PS5 managed to upscale their RT reflections to native resolution with no performance hit.

Associate
RT reflections are rendered at a much higher resolution; they are disappointingly low resolution with DLSS which is a pity given the developers Ratchet and Clank on PS5 managed to upscale their RT reflections to native resolution with no performance hit.

That's just a side-effect of how DLSS works - the RT reflections are already at a lower resolution than the frame is created at before being passed off for reconstruction - you can improve them via the console though - the Digital Foundry review has instructions on how to tinker with the RT effects.

Ideally there should be a setting under the video options.

Associate
RT reflections are rendered at a much higher resolution; they are disappointingly low resolution with DLSS which is a pity given the developers of Ratchet and Clank on PS5 managed to upscale their RT reflections to native resolution with no performance hit.
R&C is built from the ground up on PS5/ Ray Traced hardware. Doom isn't.

Soldato
I get an outdated drive warning now... R9 200 - patiently waiting for new cards to stabilise in price.

I can still play on the Legacy AMD drivers from a couple weeks back but it plays like a dog! Was fine before the update.

Soldato
Thought I would give this a go but unfortunately it took me just over two hours to decide it is total crap and couldn't get a refund.

Super Mario Doom Raider. Misses the point of Doom entirely, shoehorns in some crap lore and pointless Super Mario Tomb Raider style platforming. The combat is just constant glory takedown animations and is so far removed from Doom's roots that it really just isn't Doom any more.

Utter gash.

Associate
Super Mario Doom Raider.

Gotta admit, I don't like the platforming (although some of the jumps are pretty satisfying when you finally accomplish them). It's not gonna make my top 50 games for sure, but I'm enjoying it in between bursts of Metro Exodus (which I've put aside for now 'cause I'm getting pwned by indestructible spiders :eek:).

V F

V F

Soldato
Thought I would give this a go but unfortunately it took me just over two hours to decide it is total crap and couldn't get a refund.

Super Mario Doom Raider. Misses the point of Doom entirely, shoehorns in some crap lore and pointless Super Mario Tomb Raider style platforming. The combat is just constant glory takedown animations and is so far removed from Doom's roots that it really just isn't Doom any more.

Utter gash.

I must admit before even trying the game I thought the bar jumping was quite crap. Once I got into the game and started finding a flow, it was a huge boon to the battles. If you're up higher than they are you can kill and dodge them faster. It's an extremely fun game.

Associate
Man, i cant wait for a new update in the nvidia drivers. Really want to play this again, but it just crashes my whole pc as soon as i get to the title screen. Seen a few others say the same too. thats on 471.11 and .22. Downloaded it for the Series X, but its nowhere near as polished.

V F

V F

Soldato
Man, i cant wait for a new update in the nvidia drivers. Really want to play this again, but it just crashes my whole pc as soon as i get to the title screen. Seen a few others say the same too. thats on 471.11 and .22. Downloaded it for the Series X, but its nowhere near as polished.

I'll try them this evening see if I can make Eternal crash. I think I'm on 466.11.

Back
Top Bottom