Driveclub more details

Soldato
wasn't the original promise

Of course it wasn't you tool. What more do you expect them to do? They've postponed the free version until the most important people (those who paid for it) have a stable game they can play online without issues. Only then will the free version be released.

I am SICK of people asking about it. If you want to play it,
BUY it!

Soldato
People have a complete right to be annoyed!
This was promised to ps4 people who where going to by the system.
It's been an utter failure on ask sides that they haven't got close to delivering what they said they would. Even the paid for version doesn't work!
If they really where that concerned they would have pulled out completely. They had a year extra, just what the he'll have they been doing!?.

Soldato
I think where people are wrong is calling the PS+ version the "free" version - its not

lol @ those fanboys that can't see what is wrong here

I'd have sold my PS4 by now if it wasn't a birthday gift

Soldato
I understand being annoyed at not having the ps+ version out now. However, I'd be pretty miffed if the developers were concentrating on getting the game out to ps+ users, thus increasing more demand on their servers, when the servers aren't even able to support us paying for the full game yet. I mean I'm pretty miffed as it is but that would be a daft move and I think it's good they are being sensible to address the more important issues first.

Associate
Too bad about the negative news with Driveclub, it really is an addictive game.

Probably a good sign people are still annoyed as if it wasn't a good game people would sell up already and move on.

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand being annoyed at not having the ps+ version out now. However, I'd be pretty miffed if the developers were concentrating on getting the game out to ps+ users, thus increasing more demand on their servers, when the servers aren't even able to support us paying for the full game yet. I mean I'm pretty miffed as it is but that would be a daft move and I think it's good they are being sensible to address the more important issues first.

I guess it all depends on what you class the core game is

I always thought the core game was the PS+ version with the ability to buy a version with additional paid content on top

vs a paid for game with an exclusive PS+ users only demo

but maybe I'm wrong

Soldato
Nah, I'd say those who paid full price for the full game deserve looking after first. PS+ guys will get it, just unfortunately later than hoped. If they can get the online issue resolved soon it will be a good game. The online was good when I could get on.

Soldato
With a years extra development time there should be no reason or excuses for not having either version out and working tbh. I doubt for one minute there was any doubt about how popular the PS+ version would be so they had plenty of time to prepare and have servers ready etc...

I think evolution knew the game was not ready but was pushed by Sony to launch anyway.

Soldato
With a years extra development time there should be no reason or excuses for not having either version out and working tbh. I doubt for one minute there was any doubt about how popular the PS+ version would be so they had plenty of time to prepare and have servers ready etc...

I think evolution knew the game was not ready but was pushed by Sony to launch anyway.

Lol the drivel spouted by some over this fiasco makes me laugh.

It's all a conspiracy dude, Sony intended for this to happen because they think the PS4 is selling too well, so they intentionally damaged their brand and reputation.

That sounds right to me. I'm going to post it all over forums.

Associate

It's all a conspiracy dude, Sony intended for this to happen because they think the PS4 is selling too well, so they intentionally damaged their brand and reputation.

Indeed :cool:

To suggest that Sony knew this was going to happen but pushed for the release anyway is nonsensical and ridiculous.

Soldato

What do you think then ?

I find it a bit strange that a game is released and over 2 weeks since launch it is still broken and they never expected issues. I think Evolution had an idea on the state of the game but was pushed by Sony the publisher to get the game launched. Just my opinion of course.

It's not like we have had broken games pushed out for release date before is it.... Oh wait.... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
What do you think then ?

I find it a bit strange that a game is released and over 2 weeks since launch it is still broken and they never expected issues. I think Evolution had an idea on the state of the game but was pushed by Sony the publisher to get the game launched. Just my opinion of course.

It's not like we have had broken games pushed out for release date before is it.... Oh wait.... :)

Sony probably wanted it out around the same time as Horizon 2. I can see why it looks like the game has been pushed to release when it's clearly not ready for it.

Soldato
So....the one big thing they kept selling on it they said from the start was never going to be in the paid version lol?

Cause if so I didnt realise that...and people still paid for that!?

Back
Top Bottom