Driveclub more details

Caporegime
I think Fanatec just piggy back on Logitech compatibility so haven't a clue how they'll support their wheels. No doubt they'll need to change that for the future. Still barely more than a hint that they'll bring out a new product for the current-gen consoles...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Yes but that's not really an issue. I understand that the 30fps was a decision they made that allowed them to create better cars and tracks but in testing not affect the game play.. looking at the videos it looks spot on!

:( 30fps makes a HUGE difference to me in a driving game. Not only does it change the feel of the game, but you notice jaggys on a 30fps game because it lacks the smoothness.

Sorry but won't be buying this one.

Associate
I personally wouldn't avoid a game because it wasn't 60fps or above (I'm still all in for Destiny) but it does make a difference in terms of smoothness and input response time.

I like Total biscuit's suggestion of games developers offering a lower-res/higher frame-rate option but I think the practicalities of it make it nearly impossible in most cases.

Soldato
There was an interview with the developers where they explained latency (input response) and how it has changed so much that it allowed them to make it 30fps without feeling sluggish etc. and make a very good looking game..

I'm sure if it didn't play right they would not release it like that and instead resort to reducing graphics detail to get the extra FPS. Time will tell and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Soldato
:( 30fps makes a HUGE difference to me in a driving game. Not only does it change the feel of the game, but you notice jaggys on a 30fps game because it lacks the smoothness.

Sorry but won't be buying this one.

Good job you'll be able to play the free PS+ edition then ;)

Solid 30FPS is fine for this, if it was a sim then fair enough, but it's is a semi-arcadey powerslide everywhere "fun" racer.

Last edited:
Soldato
30fps is still 30fps. No matter how you dress it up.

If it doesn't bother you, then fine and congratulations to you.

However at 42yrs old and playing driving games since Night Driver on the 2600, it certainly bothers me.. So much so, that i simply do not bother wasting my money because it affects the visuals too much. No matter how fancy the 'effects' are. Its never any substitute for a silky smooth 60fps frame rate.

There are certain games such as fighting games and driving games where its a must. Unfortunately the kids of today are happy to accept a lesser product and will still happily hand over their money and therefore developers say, well why bother putting in all the extra effort. We'll still make the same amount of money..

Too bad for old timers like me.

Back
Top Bottom