Driveclub more details

Soldato
Unfortunately the kids of today are happy to accept a lesser product and will still happily hand over their money and therefore developers say, well why bother putting in all the extra effort. We'll still make the same amount of money..

Too bad for old timers like me.

Sorry, but lol :rolleyes:

Caporegime
30fps is still 30fps. No matter how you dress it up.

If it doesn't bother you, then fine and congratulations to you.

However at 42yrs old and playing driving games since Night Driver on the 2600, it certainly bothers me.. So much so, that i simply do not bother wasting my money because it affects the visuals too much. No matter how fancy the 'effects' are. Its never any substitute for a silky smooth 60fps frame rate.

There are certain games such as fighting games and driving games where its a must. Unfortunately the kids of today are happy to accept a lesser product and will still happily hand over their money and therefore developers say, well why bother putting in all the extra effort. We'll still make the same amount of money..

Too bad for old timers like me.
What the **** are you on about?

Take that from someone who is 35 and been gaming for decades. Stop talking rubbish

Just to check am I only allowed to be condescending at your age?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
However at 42yrs old and playing driving games since Night Driver on the 2600, it certainly bothers me.. So much so, that i simply do not bother wasting my money because it affects the visuals too much.

At what stage did less than 60 fps start bothering you? I just watched a video of Night Driver on youtube and it looked like 5 fps and the visuals were terrible so it must be an age thing. Maybe publishers should start putting NSFOP on their boxes if less that 60fps.

Associate
I am in what appears to be the minority who has been put off by the 30fps cap, I loved Forza 5 on the Xbox One and driving games in general, I purchased Need For Speed Rivals also on the Xbox One and was horrified by the 30fps limit after playing Forza 5.

I will certainly download it as I am a PSN member but if it runs like NFS will not be paying it too much attention.

Soldato
At what stage did less than 60 fps start bothering you? I just watched a video of Night Driver on youtube and it looked like 5 fps and the visuals were terrible so it must be an age thing. Maybe publishers should start putting NSFOP on their boxes if less that 60fps.

I think as I grew up and watched how games progressed, then one day seeing the first 60fps driving games in the Arcades..... Sega Rally and Daytona At the time my jaw dropped, and ever after that I've always demanded my driving games are 60fps. I think it probably gave me more appreciation for it, coming from the day of 8bit graphics, and i always seem rather sad, when a new title comes out without it.

Soldato
I think as I grew up and watched how games progressed, then one day seeing the first 60fps driving games in the Arcades..... Sega Rally and Daytona At the time my jaw dropped, and ever after that I've always demanded my driving games are 60fps. I think it probably gave me more appreciation for it, coming from the day of 8bit graphics, and i always seem rather sad, when a new title comes out without it.

Yeah I remember those days, so much money put into the Sega Rally arcade machine and then I had it on the US Sega Saturn (which was also amazing). still don't think you should dismiss a game purely on 30fps without playing it especially considering what the devs have said.. I played an early version at the Eurogamer expo last year and tbh I don't seem to recall thinking about the fps.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like 60fps but if what they've done can produce a comparable experience with graphics that looks that good then I'd be happy.

If you played it and liked it, would you still refuse to buy it because it's not 60fps?

Soldato
So 30fps is suddenly ok? if this was an xbox one game it would be getting slated by the same people defending it.

I could dig out a dozen threads were 30fps was deemed completely unacceptable for this gen but I can't be arsed.

That aside it looks great and I'm sure will be amazing.

Soldato
So 30fps is suddenly ok? if this was an xbox one game it would be getting slated by the same people defending it.

I could dig out a dozen threads were 30fps was deemed completely unacceptable for this gen but I can't be arsed.

That aside it looks great and I'm sure will be amazing.

I would have gotten slated if it was 60 fps on the PS4 and 30 fps on the xbox one :), Game is looking great i just hope it plays as well as it looks.

Soldato

Maybe people expect too much? I really don't give poo, if it looks good (which it does) and plays well then 60fps is a moot point.

Soldato
Meanwhile at Polyphony Digital......

4RbT12p.jpg

why? it's a different category.. the only thing PD should be worried about is FM6 ;) or getting GT as good as possible on ps4.

this does look good and better than FH.. thing is FH is very close handling wise to FM which makes it more simmy/fun.

while DC looks very arcadey but I find it hard to make my mind up when it comes to new consoles.. either get ps4 and project cars and drive club and GT7(w/e) when it comes out.. Plus I have a compatible wheel.

or get xbox one and enjoy FM5/FH2?! but I have no wheel.. or other games that interest me..

or upgrade my PC to enjoy PCars in all its glory.. eh,

Back
Top Bottom