Driveclub more details

Just had another reply from Sony.

I asked them "Are you suggesting this game is not defective?" this was their response.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

As the PlayStation Plus Upgrade edition of Driveclub has not yet been released, we are unable to consider refunds for this content at this time. We do not foresee there being any problems with this version of Driveclub once it has been made available but if you do encounter any issues, please contact PlayStation Support so that we may investigate further for you.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail. Quote 141016-000874 and one of our team will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Ailie
PlayStation Support

What planet are they on? It's not been released yet? WTF!

Last edited:
The most recent comment on the Refund Facebook page seems to suggest quoting the SOG Act might be successful. I'm sure the likelihood of a refund is still slim but might be another angle to try.

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubrefund

From what I've read on NeoGaf/Kataku they have been doing refunds on the quiet in the US. At least in some cases anyway.

Last edited:
I'll give it one last email before I give up.

Your UK department is based in the UK, you have to abide to UK trading standards. Therefore you are actually breaking the law by declining a refund based on your own terms and conditions.

Must I really have to quote the Sales of Goods Act.

"When you buy goods from a trader or when goods are supplied as part of a service, you enter into a contract which is controlled by many laws including the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. These laws give you certain (sometimes referred to as statutory) rights under this contract. Goods should be:

1. of satisfactory quality - goods should be free from defects, fit for the purpose for which they were supplied, safe and durable. Appearance and finish is also taken into account
2. as described - goods should correspond with any description applied to them
3. fit for any purpose that is made known to the seller - goods must be fit for their general purpose and any particular purpose that a consumer makes known to the trader at the time of purchase.

You are legally entitled to a refund, replacement or repair if goods do not conform to the contract"

Now you either refund the money back in to my Playstation wallet or I go directly to Trading Standards.

Would be a great game if not for the online problems. Such a shame.

Photo mode is great btw.
DRIVECLUBtrade_20141120215250_zpsf6c45685.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DRIVECLUBtrade_20141120205951_zpse85fbf3c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DRIVECLUBtrade_20141121161355_zps4944c074.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I manage loads of races earlier, one after another, even kept me with the same people!
Albeit it was not at peak time.
Im happy enough with the game now, there have been far worse things ive spent £35 on!

Think possibly some people now just see the refund thing as a challenge they want to beat.

Back
Top Bottom