Driveclub more details

Caporegime
ExcellentAnguishedBluegill.gif

This needs to be good - feels like its taking forever to come out now..

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Its basically PGR style from the what people have said about the Beta - its surprisingly positive stuff...

If you wanna see what the Beta looks like try this post

Soldato
This was posted yesterday on GAF by Wario64:

Captured by PS4 share button: It's disabled for the beta, but I found a work around. ;)

My previous upload to mega.co.nz that had screens and video were not bullshots. The screens were grabbed with PS Share Button, all while I was controlling the car, I just had the HUD turned off.

- Image quality and AA is not an issue. This is playing the beta on a 50" Panasonic Plasma that has been calibrated (though I have sharpness up to 15). Aliasing is definitely visable, but it's not distracting and is barely noticeable while racing.

- Gameplay really is fantastic. I've played a lot of racing games. From Burnout, PGR, Need For Speed series, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo, Forza (though not the Horizon series) and more. The car handling feels semi realistic, so a mix or realism and PGR style arcade, though I think it leans more towards realism.

- Plenty of content/events/challenges. I'm not going into details on these, you'll have to wait until release.

- Graphically it is the best racing game I've played (haven't played PC racing games). At first I didn't think it looked that great, but then you keep racing and it just hits you. It's stunning, and just feels so rich. The environments just feel like they've had so much attention and it really brings the races to life. I haven't really experienced this before, it's just very dense. Motion blur is really well implemented, it doesn't feel distracting at all.

- Sound quality is obviously amazing.

- There is no rubber banding. Though the AI does remind me of Motorstorm in how aggressive the other drivers can be. No mercy here.

So from that a mix of PGR and realism leaning more towards realism. God I can't wait for this.

Some great video footage in the thread too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886157&highlight=driveclub

Caporegime
Does your work network stop you clicking links now ;):p

Good to see that you think that post might be credible though - the videos in the rar look excellent

Caporegime
LOL its ok - wanted to do the same but wanted to have the source because of all the gifs etc but not kill this page. Worth downloading the rar (its just over 2Gb) as it gives a decent idea of Beta

From what Ive seen the kind of weighted drifts look very appealing - it looks like you are throwing a car around...

Soldato
I got the rar last night but havent had a chance to see the footage within it. Will check it tonight.

I'm loving what I am hearing about the sound in this game. Great sound adds so much to the immersion of driving games. GT6 had its moments - when the tyres were quiet - and Forza has always had great sound. Can't wait to hear the sound in this.

Soldato
Good to see that you think that post might be credible though - the videos in the rar look excellent

Wario64 does seem well respected on there and I've read a lot of his stuff before. Seems perfectly legit and fair to me yes.

To add - I think by posting things like that he is getting more people excited about the game than Sony ever could.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice!

Just watched the rar vids too. His 'Race - MUNNAR - Race start 7am 60x day cycle - clear weather' is glorious. So much detail. I love how punchy the AI is too. Not too long now!

Soldato
These vids and gifs...wow, just wow.

Im almost not convinced what were seeing will actually be the final game as it looks too good to be true.

A gorgeous looking game but a couple of things have concerned me regarding its release: No weather system at launch, no photo mode at launch and no logitech wheel support at launch...really, really?!? C'mon wtf.

Back
Top Bottom