Driveclub more details

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Decent racing game at last! Really looking forward to this, reckon the weather is omitted because it will be too complex for the game at early release, which is hardly surprising considering that the online is likely to be very busy and it is a new IP.

Associate

It looks very nice but i am disappointed by what they have done with the psn+ version. PS plus used to give you FULL 1st 2nd and 3rd party games some of them being AAA, for the PS4 we were promised that we would get Drive club in the beginning, which got postponed for a year and half way through we have been told that we will get a crippled version of the game basically. Maybe it will work because in the end some people, including me, wont bother with the whole content of the game, but its just that if now they are giving a big demo what does the future hold for psn plus.

Associate
I don't think it was ever stated that the version of Driveclub we would get with PSN+ would be the full game, it was always a reduced version.

I agree that PS+ has given loads of AAA games but peoples expectations with what we would receive on the ps4 in its first year are mad, it was obvious to anyone that it would be a lot of indie style games, I for one still feel like I am getting more than my moneys worth but then I am also making use of the Vita games and my dad who has my old PS3 is making use of the PS3 games.

Associate
I personally like the idea of the PS+ version, therefore everyone can try and play the game before contemplating paying £45-50 for the full retail version. It is just a stripped down version, not in quality, but in content.

Associate
The idea of having a striped down version is actually nice, i just don't want them to give us stripped down versions of games in the spot of a full game.

I wasn't expecting this year for PS4 to give us full AAA titles on the psn plus of course i wasn't, but i dont want the service to deteriorate quality wise as well because now it is mandatory for people to play online. I really enjoy psn plus i have the vita and the ps3 but ps4 is coming in a few days, and had a reason so far to keep the service compared to the xbox live for my xbox360 which didn't make much sense to me, but i like that now they give you games as well.

Associate
Either way, I am so glad they delayed DriveClub from launch last November. They seemed to have put a lot of work into making this a great driving game for the PS4.

Caporegime
OP
It looks very nice but i am disappointed by what they have done with the psn+ version. PS plus used to give you FULL 1st 2nd and 3rd party games some of them being AAA, for the PS4 we were promised that we would get Drive club in the beginning, which got postponed for a year and half way through we have been told that we will get a crippled version of the game basically. Maybe it will work because in the end some people, including me, wont bother with the whole content of the game, but its just that if now they are giving a big demo what does the future hold for psn plus.

I don't think it was ever stated that the version of Driveclub we would get with PSN+ would be the full game, it was always a reduced version.

I agree that PS+ has given loads of AAA games but peoples expectations with what we would receive on the ps4 in its first year are mad, it was obvious to anyone that it would be a lot of indie style games, I for one still feel like I am getting more than my moneys worth but then I am also making use of the Vita games and my dad who has my old PS3 is making use of the PS3 games.

You're right Driveclub was never going to be the full version through PS+. It was a version you could get the platinum trophy (this may have changed now) with but you wouldn't get all of the content. That was clear from the beginning.

Soldato
It looks very nice but i am disappointed by what they have done with the psn+ version. PS plus used to give you FULL 1st 2nd and 3rd party games some of them being AAA, for the PS4 we were promised that we would get Drive club in the beginning

That was never the case. It's also never been the case that PS+ has provided 'AAA' games on release either. I think perhaps you're expecting a little bit too much for your yearly subscription fee.

Associate
That was never the case. It's also never been the case that PS+ has provided 'AAA' games on release either. I think perhaps you're expecting a little bit too much for your yearly subscription fee.

My mistake for not reading it properly. I got so excited when i saw it last year and was used to thinking of the full games not the extra experience you get for being a psn+ member. To be fair i have been getting too much out of my subscription and it is obvious that we wouldnt get a AAA game before it got sold normally anyway so its good to have it there. Dummy me.

Less than a month to go!!

Back
Top Bottom