Driveclub more details

Soldato
Same here, I'll just upgrade the PS plus version if I like it, which I'm sure I will. Is the price on digital at £34.99 the same after release or is it a pre-order thing only?

Soldato
Loved my time last year and part of this with Forza 4 and GT6 but since I got my PS4 I've not gone back so I am missing a decent next gen (sorry spoffle) racer.

2 more weeks to find out!

Associate
Not had huge amounts of interest for this as it looked a bit too much like recent need for speeds or something to me and I was personally more holding out for Project Cars

That last video that, interest acquired, and I've got £35 sat in my sony wallet not doing much! Looks like I'll have to have a play on the freebie version and go from there, looks a lot better than I've give it credit for.

Associate
realy looking forward to this,hope it lives up to its expectations and supports my g25 wheel

I thought it's already been confirmed that DriveClub will only work with officially supported PS4 wheels, of which only Thrustmaster are an official PS4 partner (and have the only new wheels working for games like Project Cars). There's a relatively in-depth discussion over at NeoGAF which is suggesting legacy Logitech wheels won't work with new consoles due to financial reasons (licensing, drivers and previous legal wrangles and everyone shifting the blame).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658933&page=15

Soldato
I don't think this will be a big seller Tbh. I don't think it'll review all that well either. forza horizon will have the stronger reviews, and I think ps4 owners need to look at project cars if this doesn't fix the racing itch.

I'm sorta hoptng this is project Gotham racing for PlayStation , project cars is more track based . Well we'll see in the next few weeks..

Soldato
There's a relatively in-depth discussion over at NeoGAF which is suggesting legacy Logitech wheels won't work with new consoles due to financial reasons
The reason I bought a PS3 for GT5 rather than an XBox for Forza was that my G27 would work with GT5. I allowed myself to get sucked into the PS4 early because I very much hoped to get the same kind of flexible support.

In the end I've bought no games for it and used it far less than I thought (though I'll inevitably want one eventually for Naughty Dog). Driveclub's been the only interesting thing on the horizon for me, and it's now looking like a waste of time... I can't drive racing games with a controller at all.

Oh well, at least I'm spoiled for sim racing choice on the PC. And someone may get a cheap PS4 soon. I should never have allowed my Last of Us fanboyism seduce me into an optimistic release day purchase. Serves me right. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom