Driveclub more details

Soldato
£30 is still a lot of money to waste though. But what if it's terrible like that Sega GT dreamcast game I remember preordering for £50 lol that wasn't even playable due to wild car handling. Maybe this is a case for waiting for reviews. I waited for Forza Horizon 2 reviews and they were all amazing so I put down £71.99 for the ultimate collection.

This could be Sonys SegaGT moment!

Soldato
£30 is still a lot of money to waste though. But what if it's terrible like that Sega GT dreamcast game I remember preordering for £50 lol that wasn't even playable due to wild car handling. Maybe this is a case for waiting for reviews. I waited for Forza Horizon 2 reviews and they were all amazing so I put down £71.99 for the ultimate collection.

This could be Sonys SegaGT moment!

Reviews aren't everything. I bought Watch Dogs because it got really good reviews, then traded it in after a few hours of playing, as it was a typical Ubisoft open-world game (filled with so many side-quest/mini games that you don't notice the terrible story).

Also I must say, I really hate open-world in driving games. If they remade Forza 4 on current gen now, I'd probably get an Xbone.

Not to mention that there isn't exactly a large selection of driving games on consoles for this gen at the moment, so as long as it's better than NFS Rivals (won't take much..), it will be good enough for me.

Soldato
I know this game looks gorgeous and all I just hope playing Forza Horizon 2 doesn't ruin this game for, I'm mainly talking about the lack of cars here.

Funny you say that...In Forza and GT I had loads of cars...probably only actually used 10-15 of them though.

I don't think the number of cars will be an issue, not to me anyway

Soldato
Really looking forward to DC now. Forza 5 was a huge let down for me, it's lack of tracks and all but 3 were just so boring and uninspiring. The tracks were also too short with too many corners and not enough straights to really get the feeling of speed.

Shame imo as Turn 10 dropped the ball but I doubt they care cos it sold in the truck loads as it was a launch title and had a huge hype train.

Fingers crossed DC has more tracks with some imagination applied.

It looks more visually pleasing than Forza too :p

Caporegime
How many times do we have to say they wont be supported - last likely to out of all the existing wheels TBFH. When it comes to Fanatec the best you can hope for is a new wheel youll have to buy that supports your existing gearstick and pedals. With that said I dont think DC is going to be that much more improved with a wheel IMHO.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
How many times do we have to say they wont be supported - last likely to out of all the existing wheels TBFH. When it comes to Fanatec the best you can hope for is a new wheel youll have to buy that supports your existing gearstick and pedals. With that said I dont think DC is going to be that much more improved with a wheel IMHO.

Expand please, why are they less likely?

Caporegime
Because they are a much smaller company that are unlikely to pay the millions (its probably nowhere near that much but last time Sony got done over quite rightly) needed to get a patent license from Immersion - Sony did that for the whole PS3 platform but isnt doing so again...
Does anyone know if Fanatec wheels work with Driveclub?
You tart!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is it true that Logitech wheels wont be supported also due to some security chip they dont have and Sony have made that a requirement?
Lies IMHO, the 500RS has been out for a few years and is somehow supported natively. Also a lot of these devices are recognised and work when used in War Thunder so how that happens without said chip is a wonder. There have been some changes to USB-HID but I suspect thats because of the security oversight that caught out the PS3...

Its licensing pure and simple - anyway this subject has been retrodden multiple times, its a stalemate...

Last edited:
Soldato
Lies IMHO, the 500RS has been out for a few years and is somehow supported natively. Also a lot of these devices are recognised and work when used in War Thunder so how that happens without said chip is a wonder. There have been some changes to USB-HID but I suspect thats because of the security oversight that caught out the PS3...

Its licensing pure and simple - anyway this subject has been retrodden multple times, its a stalemate...

Shame, I was hoping to use my G27 but it seems to be reserved for PC games now :(

Caporegime
While Im at it so its all in one place, the Immersion patents expire sometime next year so there is a possibility of these Logitech/Fanatec wheels (magically) working - its a longshot though...

Soldato
While Im at it so its all in one place, the Immersion patents expire sometime next year so there is a possibility of these Logitech/Fanatec wheels (magically) working - its a longshot though...

Fingers crossed, I didn't know about these immersion patents.

I thought a simple driver had to be made :\.

I've been regretting my Fanatec purchase since the T500 came out, wish I brought that wheel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom