Driveclub more details

Soldato
Caporegime
Ill buy ps4 again when this comes out.. As theres not much to play on ps4 atm.

this should be out soon would be a waste of time to sell up and re-buy within 6 months.

as for not much to play theres 50+ currently available and 100+ coming over the next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

why did you buy at launch or shortly after if you were after a huge selection of games?

Associate
I did buy on launch and sold two weeks later with decent profit.

Did like the Knack, and also played BF4. But that was it, so didnt seem right to keep it whist i still have PS3.

I havent even got the new NFS yet as going to get it when i get PS4 again.

Associate
Last week we announced the release date for PS4’s first socially connected racing game – DRIVECLUB.

The response we’ve seen to the trailer is seriously overwhelming, and it’s time for some more news.

Welcome to the first of three DRIVECLUB updates this week. DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition has been a hot topic since its announce, so today’s video (the first of three) should answer most of your questions about the actual content included in this edition compared to the Blu-ray version.

One of the recurring questions we keep seeing is about the scale of the PlayStation Plus Edition. The simple answer is that with an active PlayStation Plus subscription, you can download DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes.

But why did we choose to offer this particular selection of the game to PlayStation Plus subscribers for free?

DRIVECLUB is inherently next gen. It’s about accessibility for all and building a community of gamers who love online play. DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition is designed to be a quick and easy way for gamers all over the world to join the DRIVECLUB community. You can take part in all the game modes, set, send and compete in challenges, and race online against others in the DRIVECLUB community.

We think you’ll have a lot of fun playing DRIVECLUB once it launches on October 7th, digitally via the PlayStation store and on Blu-ray at your local retailer. If you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been playing the PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DRIVECLUB experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for $49.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.

If you’re not an active PlayStation Plus member, you can still get DRIVECLUB via the PlayStation Store or your local retailer on Blu-ray.

Stay tuned because there’s more content coming tomorrow with the ‘Clubs’ video, explaining why they’re crucial to making DRIVECLUB distinctly different.

Friday’s episode is all about challenges – why we love ‘em, what they give you and importantly, how they’ll make the game infinitely more networked and fun to play in your Club.

Over and out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/07/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-details-2/

What a freaking joke, the only reason I got PS4 early was because Driveclub was supposed to be a launch title, they said the PS+ version wasn't going to be a demo and that you could platinum it and lead people to believe that you could upgrade it relatively cheaply.

Now it's going to release nearly a year overdue, it is basically a glorified demo and not platable and it's going to cost you $50 to upgrade and you don't even get to keep it if your PS+ subs lapse???????????

Caporegime
Yeah dont understand why the upgrade would be locked to PS+ - just means Ill try the PS+ version and just buy the retail version instead. Been playing the old Motorstorms and forgot how good the track design is...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
if your going to keep PS+ which i think everyone who plays online will need to anyway, then it's a no brainer over the retail version tbh.

I hope it's <£30 to upgrade it

Soldato
You kind of get the impression Sony really do not want to give this away on PS+. Tbh the latest videos really look a bit average.

As above I will try the PS+ version and then just buy retail if it's any good.

Soldato
I was hyped for Driveclub before the PS4 launch but now I'm more interested in Project Cars. That looks sweet and coming out (hopefully) in November this year.

Soldato
Only 50 (or 60 if the PS Plus ones are extra) cars? Real Racing 3 on my iPad has 88 cars, and it is a free game (haven't needed to spend a single penny on IAPs) >.< and the graphics are on par with Gran Turismo 5

Soldato
I cant see this game being a success. It had a massive chance if it came at launch as people were excited for anything new, but by the time this comes out any hype their may have been will have worn off for most potential purchasers imo

Caporegime
49.99 US Dollar equals
29.48 British Pound Sterling

yet we get charged £42.99

hmmmmm so UK buyers getting bent over as per usual?

I'll take the free "demo" and wait for Gran Turismo tbh, paying >£40 for this would be a shame.

I'll pick up NFS when this arrives second hand for £15.

Soldato
Erroneus PS BLOG WROTE:

So let’s recap.
The PS+ edition has gone from “the same full game minus a few assets” to 20% of the game.
The upgrade price is almost the same as buying the full game from an online retailer.
The upgrade is not to the full version, but some ******* version, which still requires an active PS+ sub.
This is properly the dumbest decision Sony has made, since they forced their adware Singstar onto PlayStation 3 in a mandatory firmware update.
There is NO reason to upgrade. Play the free PS+ edition if you like the game, buy the full blu-ray edition cheap a month after release, when you are done with the PS+ edition. But most people will properly just buy the PS+ edition and leave it at that. Sales for Driveclub are going to flop massively because Sony will not live up to their promises.

Back
Top Bottom