Driveclub more details

Associate
Cancelled my Amazon preorder at £44 and ordered the digital edition using the cdkeys PSN voucher for £29.44 sounds like a good deal to me!

Oh, and this was the 2nd time I used the facebook extra 5% code - so it's not a one time deal.

Associate
Not long to go! :D

BzTPCpdIIAAT5UO.jpg:large

Soldato
Tempted to pre order this for the £29 via digital. Problem is I'm getting sucked into the hype once again and if It flops which is plausible coming from a few games I've recently bought I can't resell it.

Last edited:
Associate
OKOK -

Apart from a bit of noticeable aliasing, game looks incredible, especially at night. Gameplay is brilliant, even at 30fps the controls are very responsive and there's a great sense of speed.

The menu's are great, very simple quick and easy to navigate, and the soundtrack is superb. I only had a quick go online as the servers keep disconnecting, and in the first race I avoided the huge collision at the first corner and continued to win the race with ease :D

From what I seen online - there are tons of events that you sign up for that start every 30 seconds involving different cars/tracks/etc, but if you haven't unlocked the car that's specified for the race you 'loan' it, which means you don't earn any fame (xp) for the race.

You unlock cars by gaining fame, and it goes towards your driver level. Max driver level is 50, which is when the last car is unlocked. Some cars are unlocked by reaching a specific club level, so I'd say it's pretty mandatory to join a club.

Slightly annoying thing is your club doesn't become 'active' until you have at least 2 members in it, so at the minute I'm unable to gain any club XP.

The single player consists of different events such as normal races, time trials, drift events and tournaments. In each race there are mini challenges to do which earn you stars, which go towards unlocking more events. The challenges are things like beat the lap in a certain time, average speed check through a specific part of the track, top 3 finish, completing a corner challenge (sticking to the racing line through a corner. note - racing line only shows up during corner challenge, it's not on by default and there is no setting to turn it permanently on during gameplay.)

RIGHT - typed far too much - only have until 10:30 to play before work so I'll post more impressions later :p

Soldato
^ Awesome :D

Also, does anyone actually know how to even create a 'club'? Was going to start a thread on it, but it's pretty pointless if we can't actually sign up to anything yet :p (unless I'm being really dense and there is already a website for it, but the first few pages of Google didn't return anything)

EDIT: Looks like you might have to create the clubs in-game

Last edited:
Soldato
OKOK -

Apart from a bit of noticeable aliasing, game looks incredible, especially at night. Gameplay is brilliant, even at 30fps the controls are very responsive and there's a great sense of speed.

The menu's are great, very simple quick and easy to navigate, and the soundtrack is superb. I only had a quick go online as the servers keep disconnecting, and in the first race I avoided the huge collision at the first corner and continued to win the race with ease :D

From what I seen online - there are tons of events that you sign up for that start every 30 seconds involving different cars/tracks/etc, but if you haven't unlocked the car that's specified for the race you 'loan' it, which means you don't earn any fame (xp) for the race.

You unlock cars by gaining fame, and it goes towards your driver level. Max driver level is 50, which is when the last car is unlocked. Some cars are unlocked by reaching a specific club level, so I'd say it's pretty mandatory to join a club.

Slightly annoying thing is your club doesn't become 'active' until you have at least 2 members in it, so at the minute I'm unable to gain any club XP.

The single player consists of different events such as normal races, time trials, drift events and tournaments. In each race there are mini challenges to do which earn you stars, which go towards unlocking more events. The challenges are things like beat the lap in a certain time, average speed check through a specific part of the track, top 3 finish, completing a corner challenge (sticking to the racing line through a corner. note - racing line only shows up during corner challenge, it's not on by default and there is no setting to turn it permanently on during gameplay.)

RIGHT - typed far too much - only have until 10:30 to play before work so I'll post more impressions later :p
Hey thanks sounds great :) when you get back later.... What's the handling like?

I like that there is no racing line on all the time, finally!

On the 'club' thing, wonder if it's possible to create a OcUK one we can all join? I have no idea how it works.

Associate
I have also bitten the bullet and pre-ordered via the PSN store using credits bought from CDkeys with the FB code.

The FB code can be used twice and then you have to wait until they issue a new one on FB, which for me was the next day.

A quick question though, do I also need to "buy" the free PSN version or just the Upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom