Driveclub more details

Soldato
Turned my ps4 on this morning and driveclub is installed but all the addon packs ( special merc, special RUF, special McLaren ) was greeted with a cannot install?

Anyone else got this, maybe these are not included in the preload early.

Soldato

Yes..are you new to console games?

Most recent AAA games with a strong focus on Multiplayer.. Battlefield 4, GTA 5, Destiny etc have had server issues.

Speaking from my personal experience not just recent ones either...GT5/GT6 on PS along with on Xbox TDU1/TDU2...Forza 3 4 5...forza Horizon ....all the CODs all the Battlefield games...GTA4/5 (had V on both on Xbox and PS)

For those that complain about PSN...the grass isn't greener I can assure you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't really expect much from this. That was more down it it being an arcade racer though. This and Ubisoft's the crew will not be purchased by me.

So ignoring the critics. What do you guys make of it? It does look good.... Graphically

Caporegime
OP
No I am not new to console gaming, your claim was you are yet to come across a new game that doesn't have server issues......not recent games, but any game...that's what surprises me.

I had no problems with Black Ops 2 to just pick one out the air randomly.

Caporegime
OP
Disappointed, but you haven't played it? :rolleyes:

Why the roll eyes? Can't I feel let down based on what I've read, seen in video reviews and read from other users who have played the game?

-Invisible walls
-Bunching of AI cars
-AI too aggressive
-No replay
-No rewind (ugh)
-Off track reset & notification
-Collision penalty
-No weather day1
-Non fleshed out career
-Only EU cars
-Servers down/flakey
-Limited gameplay modes
-Mulitplayer 'limited'
-Limited car customisation (design & tuning)
-Clubs poorly implemented
-Buggy UI

That's a breakdown list of the main low points from reviews, makes for some disappointment from some of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
No I am not new to console gaming, your claim was you are yet to come across a new game that doesn't have server issues......not recent games, but any game...that's what surprises me.

I had no problems with Black Ops 2 to just pick one out the air randomly.

On first week of it going coming out? iirc black ops 2 was laggy as hell

Soldato
Well I have Horizon 2 and am absorbed with it at the moment but I am a sucker for graphics so I went for the £29 code on a key selling website to buy driveclub on psn.

As long as it has nice point to point stages like need for speed the run but with slightly better handling i'll be happy with it as an arcadey racer. I loved the run and hot pursuit but pretty much hated most wanted as the routes werent clear enough for me to avoid crashing all the time. Rivals was awful too.

Soldato
Why the roll eyes? Can't I feel let down based on what I've read, seen in video reviews and read from other users who have played the game?

You might love it though!

And as for a lack of rewind? Lol. Drive properly in the first place! Made me laugh when it was included in Forza which is supposed to be a sim. I don't ever recall drivers being able to "rewind" after a crash in real life! (Just ask Bianchi)

Soldato
Well I have Horizon 2 and am absorbed with it at the moment but I am a sucker for graphics so I went for the £29 code on a key selling website to buy driveclub on psn.

As long as it has nice point to point stages like need for speed the run but with slightly better handling i'll be happy with it as an arcadey racer. I loved the run and hot pursuit but pretty much hated most wanted as the routes werent clear enough for me to avoid crashing all the time. Rivals was awful too.

I'm very tempted to grab another Xbone and get Horizon 2 tbh

Back
Top Bottom