Driveclub more details

Soldato
You're being a bit over-the-top here; it hasn't been getting universally panned or scoring 3/10s or anything.

Not really it had a years extra development but has no replays, no customisation, basic ai, no weather (yet), only 50 cars.. etc etc.....

Considering its development time you would think they would have the basics at a decent level.

Associate
I'm not entirely sure where the final judgement of "it's crap" is coming from, there are a couple of sub-70 reviews. Come Friday most people playing will be enjoying it, and some won't, not judging for myself until then.

Associate
to me its a bit of a let down because there is no wheel support for the G25.
I play NFS on my pc and I still think its a great game and it supports my wheel.
I was hoping DC would support many wheel configs but it don't and for this I wont be purchasing this game.

Associate
Is there anything in this game for someone who wants to play solo, with no interaction with other players, or is that so far from the point of it that I would be wasting my money?... I'm assuming there is AI and its not just online?

Associate
Is there anything in this game for someone who wants to play solo, with no interaction with other players, or is that so far from the point of it that I would be wasting my money?... I'm assuming there is AI and its not just online?

There's a single player tour that will probably take about 10 hours or so to complete, and just single races vs AI. But if you're not going to attempt any challenges with/against anyone else and don't plan on playing online, that's about it.

Associate
There's a single player tour that will probably take about 10 hours or so to complete, and just single races vs AI. But if you're not going to attempt any challenges with/against anyone else and don't plan on playing online, that's about it.

Ok thanks for that :) ... may grab it used at some point, when its a bit cheaper.

Associate
think ill pass on full game and try ps plus version and await reviews for project cars. looks like ill just get my racing fix from fh2 till then.

Soldato
Not really it had a years extra development but has no replays, no customisation, basic ai, no weather (yet), only 50 cars.. etc etc.....

Considering its development time you would think they would have the basics at a decent level.

As well as a drop from 60-30 FPS.

Soldato

No Replays??? I had high hopes for this game, I'm not so sure now.

Isn't it just plain obvious to include a replay feature in a racing game, they've been doing it since the 1990s!

Hovering over cancel preorder button right now, can't justify the price for a basic racer with no car optimisation, no flippin' replays and no weather. Lemme guess, the weather update will take another year to come out?!?

Devs these days, they don't have a clue.

Soldato
Why are people making such a fuss about reviews for this game? Just wait, get the PS+ version and form your own opinion! If you like it you can then get the full version

Soldato
Uhm, just play the free version if you aren't sure.

The business model for this game looks unusual in that regard. I expect lots of additions over the coming months maybe years. (At a cost of course.)

The game is an arcade racer it's never been sold as anything different. I'm hoping it's got a PGR feel, and from some accounts it has.

Soldato
i have no problem keeping my preorder, the way i see it i can spend over £100 easy going out with my gf or mates in a night just on food and booze and have nothing to show for it but a cracking head and some fuzzy memorys, for £30 its sod all

Associate
For those interested, I've been speaking to someone on another forum who says the DFGT, G25 and G27 work in driveclub (with some force feedback working) using the CronuxMAX - found here - http://controllermax.com/

"Downside is that not all of the force feedback gets translated (the feedback from shifting/throttle/pedal don't seem to work) but steering and crashes however do."

Back
Top Bottom