Driveclub more details

Associate
If I upgrade via Playstation Plus to the full version for £34.99, will that allow me to play now or is that also suffering the same delay as the 'free' version and thus the only way I'll be able to play it today is to go out and buy a physical copy?

Associate
If I upgrade via Playstation Plus to the full version for £34.99, will that allow me to play now or is that also suffering the same delay as the 'free' version and thus the only way I'll be able to play it today is to go out and buy a physical copy?

You can play the game fine. Most of us pre-loaded the digital version.

The only "issue" you'll have is that you can't play online.

Soldato
Still waiting for my refund to be processed. It's currently with the 'escalation' team. I noticed however that when I first downloaded this, it downloaded about 12Gb.

I deleted in the fear they would charge me for it if I played it but thought I'd give it a go today - this time it only downloaded 2Gb. It must be just the demo version but its funny that it shows on PSN as 'Full game' and PSN still shows that i've 'purchased' the PS+ version.

Ah well, time to sit tight - hope they refund it as the quick shot I had on the demo and I didn't like it at all - handling was too 'arcadey' for my liking.

Associate
Also with regards to the weather patch and "explanations", as far as I'm aware it's just neogaf members speculating about if's, but's and maybes.

Until Evolution come out with an official announcement I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Associate
You can play the game fine. Most of us pre-loaded the digital version.

The only "issue" you'll have is that you can't play online.

Cheers. I have no plans to play online at the moment. I might have missed it but I couldn't find the option to download the free Playstation Plus version. However I really wanted to play it today so I'm more than happy to pay the £34.99 now as I'll probably end up doing that at some point anyways!

Associate
Cheers. I have no plans to play online at the moment. I might have missed it but I couldn't find the option to download the free Playstation Plus version. However I really wanted to play it today so I'm more than happy to pay the £34.99 now as I'll probably end up doing that at some point anyways!

You probably already are, but as a reminder I'd use cdkeys for the psn credit.

With a 5% facebook like it works out at £29.44 for £35 psn credit.

Associate
I noticed the £35 'top up' voucher on cdkeys says it's for PS3. I'd have thought that PSN is PSN on whatever platform, but just to check is this the one people are getting for PS4?

Associate
I noticed the £35 'top up' voucher on cdkeys says it's for PS3. I'd have thought that PSN is PSN on whatever platform, but just to check is this the one people are getting for PS4?

Yeah, that's the one. The credit is universal. Despite it saying ps3/vita.

Also might be common knowledge but if you've liked them before for the 5% discount, you can just simply unlike them and then like them for another code. Or do that in the future should you buy more from them.

I didn't realise that and I'd end up creating fake facebook accounts for more codes lol.

Soldato
Still waiting for my refund to be processed. It's currently with the 'escalation' team. I noticed however that when I first downloaded this, it downloaded about 12Gb.

I deleted in the fear they would charge me for it if I played it but thought I'd give it a go today - this time it only downloaded 2Gb. It must be just the demo version but its funny that it shows on PSN as 'Full game' and PSN still shows that i've 'purchased' the PS+ version.

Ah well, time to sit tight - hope they refund it as the quick shot I had on the demo and I didn't like it at all - handling was too 'arcadey' for my liking.

It downloads an intial 2GB and then background downloads the rest. If you have played it they might be funny about giving you a refund.

Associate
You probably already are, but as a reminder I'd use cdkeys for the psn credit.

With a 5% facebook like it works out at £29.44 for £35 psn credit.

Cheers for that. Driveclub for under £30 is well worth it now. And to think I was going to order it for £40+ the other day!

Soldato
Yeah, that's the one. The credit is universal. Despite it saying ps3/vita.

Also might be common knowledge but if you've liked them before for the 5% discount, you can just simply unlike them and then like them for another code. Or do that in the future should you buy more from them.

I didn't realise that and I'd end up creating fake facebook accounts for more codes lol.

I've never had to unlike them...I just click the 5% discount button and it generates a new code. Done it many times.

Soldato
so is the "free" version up for download ? I cant see it

going through my pc there are 3 versions .... the upgrade , season pass and the other says full game . But odly when clicking on the third option it says :-

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You already own

PlayStation®Plus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom