Driveclub more details

Soldato
Been watching several streams on Twitch over the last couple of days.. The game looks awful imo. Graphics look good but the tracks look like something you'll find in an arcade machine not an actual racetrack. Also the Ai look like they come from Burnout takedown and the handling doesn't look great. Glad I didn't preorder in the end. Will play the ps+ free version but don't see myself upgrading. Of course this is all by watching so I haven't actually played yet and may change my mind. Also the horrendous paint schemes you wot Bro?

Soldato
I dont get it that you get punished for actually being IN the drivers line and being rear ended, I could under stand if I was half way off the track causing other drivers to rear end me, not when im driving perfectly.

Caporegime
Everything I've seen about this game looks awful, I played it at a PS4 launch event in December and it felt clunky but they had 10 months to sort it and it's still crap.

Caporegime
OP
One thing that really irks me about racing games, not just Driveclub, is the constant obsession with making the brake discs glow when you brake, ON EVERY CAR!!

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS?

Soldato
Picked it up this morning, Did the first race when I got in from work and it seems ok so far, never got slowed down at all so either it doesn't do it or I have yet to discover it.

Will play some more later when I get the projector set up, Been waiting for this game to play on it :D

Soldato
I still deep down think project cars will be the one race game to invest serious time into.

project cars imo looks bland due to tracks in real life looking a tad bland. It's not like you can put a huge billboard up or slap extras at track side if your trying to replicate a real race track in a video game..

18 th November gents (and ladies if present) maark it down , drive club killer - see what I did there lol

Soldato
Why is it that even though I've downloaded the full game I still need to wait an hour+ for each event to download...this is really annoying me now because from what I've played I'm enjoying it!

Associate
Why is it that even though I've downloaded the full game I still need to wait an hour+ for each event to download...this is really annoying me now because from what I've played I'm enjoying it!

I know, I've just put the PS4 into standby for now. You can see in storage management how much has downloaded. Mine is about 5GB out of 16GB so far :(

Associate
I've just had my first play, up to the seconds race in Norway. I have to say I'm enjoying it tbh. It's not the graphical powerhouse I thouht it would be, looks lovely in places but a bit, I dunno, sort of cartoonish in others? Especially on some of the Indian tracks.

Handling is decent, very arcadey but that's not a bad thing. I've been throwing it round corners with my back end out and grinning when I nail it, so it's doing something right.

The AI isn't too bad, fairly aggressive I guess. I don't get the complaints that they stick to the racing line, why wouldn't they? They move off the line to pass you/others and stick to it when defending, in my limited experience so far.

I have to say I haven't found any of these magical invisible walls that some of the reviews have banged on about. I ask myself just how far off track they were trying to go, as I've cut a fair few corners and experienced nothing of this at all. Not too bothered about the penalties either, as most of the time it's my fault but I have had a couple of rear enders by the AI that caused me to get docked points - big deal, I lost a few points.

They have a good game at the moment, not great, but a few tweaks here and there as others have said and it good be very good.

Soldato
drive club is really just metropolis street racer or project Gotham racing. these were excellent fun games, and I'm having fun with it.

I never really expected it to be anything more then this to be honest, provided they update as promised I'm sure this could be the start of a new series..

but please Sony, how about doing a new wipe out game. I'd love a wipe out for ps4.

Back
Top Bottom