Driveclub more details

Associate
Yes. I've also restarted the ps4 several times after deleting and restoring the licences or just deleting the update. It just really doesn't want the update xD

edit: Now it's updating out of the blue... Didn't do anything this time. Wut.

Last edited:
Soldato
How long did you leave it sitting in download bit? looks like a few are saying it shows as "cannot download" then sort's itself out on it's own after a short while.

Not first hand info as I've not turned my PS4 on this morning.

Soldato
I deleted/retried the update twice this morning then it kicked in and installed.

Also deleted my tour progress at the same time so I can contribute more to the club once everything is working. Little to no point touching DC until then.

Soldato
I deleted/retried the update twice this morning then it kicked in and installed.

Also deleted my tour progress at the same time so I can contribute more to the club once everything is working. Little to no point touching DC until then.

That's what I did too, I only do tour events while connected...so not very far in this time around.

How do you delete your tour progress because I might as well do that too?

Delete your game save file on PS4....your driver lvl and paintjobs you've created are stored on the servers so you don't loose those, only the tour progress.

Soldato
How do you delete your tour progress because I might as well do that too?

I just deleted my save game from the PS4 dashboard.

Someone here reckons it just deletes tour progress, but your level and cars remain intact. Not actually gone back in to check that yet though for myself.

Obviously anything synced Online to clubs remains as it was, this is just your local stuff.

Associate
How long did you leave it sitting in download bit? looks like a few are saying it shows as "cannot download" then sort's itself out on it's own after a short while.

Not first hand info as I've not turned my PS4 on this morning.

About 3 or so minutes, but that wasn't the first time I did that either so I really don't know xD, had no problems this morning mainly because I suspect not many others are on haha. Also nice to see random face-offs in races now.

Soldato
Patch auto downloaded, had my first game online this morning after 3 attempts trying to get on. Cant say I enjoyed it, every-one acted a right tool.

Servers are accessible while folk are at work/school = load is low .........great

Give it another week of this and the servers will be available reliably after 17:00 on weekdays and at weekends too......due to people getting thoroughly cheesed off with it and taking it back, if I'd bought a hard copy I'd be taking it back as not fit for purpose, unfortunately I'm stuck with the digital version.

Lesson learnt

Soldato
I just deleted my save game from the PS4 dashboard.

Someone here reckons it just deletes tour progress, but your level and cars remain intact. Not actually gone back in to check that yet though for myself.

Obviously anything synced Online to clubs remains as it was, this is just your local stuff.

Yep, can confirm I did this. Delete the save data in PS4 settings. Don't delete the ghost data if you don't want. This reset all my tour events but kept my cars and driver level. Paint jobs (bar the club paint job) were reset though IIRC, contrary to what someone else put earlier.

Soldato
Yep, can confirm I did this. Delete the save data in PS4 settings. Don't delete the ghost data if you don't want. This reset all my tour events but kept my cars and driver level. Paint jobs (bar the club paint job) were reset though IIRC, contrary to what someone else put earlier.

Sorry, I was sure my custom set stayed as it was.....please forgive me.

Associate
Hope this fixes things a bit.

I keep posting times but the leaderboards are broken, which is frustrating as hell. Also, clearly some glitches looking at some of the times that have actually made it on.

PS - Any tips on how to drift in this game? :p

Soldato
PS - Any tips on how to drift in this game? :p

Try using the Scandinavian Flick:

ScandinavianFlick.jpg

and just keep trying over and over, it'll come eventually.

Back
Top Bottom