• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Ive not had a single issue with any of these drivers but i don't use chrome (but it is installed).

I have disabled the streamer service after every driver install, also use Afterburner with overclocks on both my CPU and GPU.

Glad to see Nvidia seem to have found the issue and will release a driver.

It's early days but those hotfix drivers have definitely fixed it, I've tried doing things that 100% caused crashes on the previous drivers and it doesn't on this set. Thanks again :)

True but from my testing these drivers perform a lot worse in The Witcher 3 for performance with notable frame rate drops. Instead of constant 70 fps they were dropping to 65 fps or less at times with tearing!

353.00 did not do this

Do you two guys mind telling me what cards and screens you're using please?

If its of any help I have:

GTX780 hooked up to Asus ROG Swift + Dell U2913wm (Windows 7)
GTX675m (laptop) also hooked up to the Dell + its own 120Hz panel (Windows 7)
GTX470 SLI connected to AOC U2868PQU (Windows 7)

Plus been experimenting with a GTX970 connected to a BenQ XL2420T (Windows 8 and 10)

No crashes so far on any of these setups using recent drivers including 353.xx.

That games a hot mess in SLI anyway, has a lot of post processing issues that prevent proper scaling. I'm more interested if it fixes the TDR events at desktop lol. Oddly for me on TX there's no loss in performance though in that game!

So my new pc with newly fitted 980 ti has been working fine all day, using Maya for Animation.

Loaded GTA5 tonight, lasted 5 mins before it froze then reset the pc. On booting I've got all blue dots down the screen and the Nvidia thing doesn't appear in the task bar anymore.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have only had crashes when I OC the card, even if it's not by much. Seems to happen on Far Cry 4 mainly. GTA and Black Flag run like a dream.

Not sure if its the driver, but GTA seems to take longer to load? (Using a Samsung SSD EVO 850 1TB, so it should be nippy)

Temps top out @ 74c when stressed. Driver issues aside, this card is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom