Drones over gatwick..

Associate
Does seem ridiculous this. It'll be interesting to know if Heathrow have a similar vulnerability. I bet they have a proper anti drone setup in place. Geofencing etc.

Soldato
The military are being deployed to find them, they will be able to track him down if they see it again. As well as knock it out of the sky by jamming it.

Associate
The military are being deployed to find them, they will be able to track him down if they see it again. As well as knock it out of the sky by jamming it.

Bet they've driven off by now. Prob hours ago lol. Laughing at the news. People should be monitoring drone forums etc for some boasting comments.

Soldato
Older drones, home built or hacked ones can get around the geofencing that a lot of the big manufacturers are now using, such as DJI.

The fact it’s being described as something industrial certainly suggests it’s not consumer level.

To add to the theories lists, it could also be that a company trying to sell anti-drone technology has done it. Unless that’s what was meant by an inside job.

I also think the suggestion from earlier this morning of somebody trying to prevent their in-laws coming for Christmas is missing!

Doesn’t seem to have been much more news about sightings since midday. I’m also surprised there isn’t more from news crews trying to get video or photos should it come back. Maybe they aren’t being allowed in the vicinity of the airport?

Associate
Older drones, home built or hacked ones can get around the geofencing that a lot of the big manufacturers are now using, such as DJI.

The fact it’s being described as something industrial certainly suggests it’s not consumer level.

To add to the theories lists, it could also be that a company trying to sell anti-drone technology has done it. Unless that’s what was meant by an inside job.

I also think the suggestion from earlier this morning of somebody trying to prevent their in-laws coming for Christmas is missing!

Doesn’t seem to have been much more news about sightings since midday. I’m also surprised there isn’t more from news crews trying to get video or photos should it come back. Maybe they aren’t being allowed in the vicinity of the airport?

ah yes missed that one. on it :)

Soldato
I'm unsure whether to feel trepidation or complete embarrassment that a major airport hub has been closed-down for 24 hours due to drones. Subscription to surrealism seems to be the only tonic to nowadays living.

Back
Top Bottom