Drones over gatwick..

How would you have dealt with the situation?

By preparing for it? Japan has had Anti-drone capabilities for 3 WHOLE years, and that's just the police.

Hint: we've just sold 3 water cannons for a loss because of someones wild imagination that they'd be used.

As I typed some 24 hours ago. An utter embarrassment. No parody or surrealism can cater for the stock of laughter that is the UK right now.

Change the law to allow it to be shot down perhaps?
Somewhat insane that currently they can't as the law prevents such responses.
I thought it’s because of the risk of a stray bullet. I saw some video recently showing trained birds of prey taking them out. Probably already mentioned on here.

By preparing for it? Japan has had Anti-drone capabilities for 3 WHOLE years, and that's just the police.
What other countries have had to deal with a similar situation to this, and how would Japan's anti drone capabilities have helped in this situation, generally interested in what they have and how much it cost, and how their airport infrastructure compares to ours.

Christ, been out all day and just checked back to see it’s back in the last 20 mins or so.

Will be interesting to see if the army can figure out who or where it’s coming from,

Of course now there does not need to be a drone in the air as a phone call to to Gatwick or the police saying you 'think you might have seen one will be enough to shut the airport.
I am hearten to hear on the news this evening that according to a police chief lessons will be learnt, I was getting worried this statement would not be trotted out.

Back
Top Bottom