Drones over gatwick..

This is the thing. If they don’t get caught they’ll drop themselves in it by not being able to keep their mouth shut. They’ll want to take the credit for their success.

starstreak After launch, the missile accelerates to more than Mach 4 :eek: what about that old system they used in the Falklands ? in fact didn't some missile defence system get deployed during the the London Olympics ? seriously i cant believe this is still going on :( i once caught some bell end in his 30s trying dislodge a lost drone from the flats roof with a football no regard for any damage he might do.

Last edited:
Surely this must have happened already in America, what with all the tech, stupid people, and massive aviation infrastructure?

If so... what was the result?!

No I'm arguing for a proportion response.

We aren't talking about state of the art here, we are talking about some 60/70s surplus from a MOD warehouse.

So you want to detonate a missile next to a drone which is flying at low level over areas with both people and aircraft which rely on being a sealed tube to operate?

I see no issue whatever having missile fragments flying in all directions for 100's of meters.

Go get your head examined.

Whoever it is, is going to get a monster prison sentence. They were talking about life imprisonment yesterday so either this chap gives no @@@@@ or he’s state sponsored.

So you want to detonate a missile next to a drone which is flying at low level over areas with both people and aircraft which rely on being a sealed tube to operate?

I see no issue whatever having missile fragments flying in all directions for 100's of meters.

Go get your head examined.

Admittedly a bit of discretion would be involved, but what's the alternative, just accept that the UK is a no-fly zone for commercial aircraft going forwards?

FWIW the missile fragments don't go in all directions, inertia sees to that.

Whoever it is, is going to get a monster prison sentence. They were talking about life imprisonment yesterday so either this chap gives no @@@@@ or he’s state sponsored.

5 years max I heard. But this is the U.K. 2 years suspended is more likely:p

Maximum is five years though, which as far as I'm aware nobody has ever been sentenced with. I agree though that in this case if arrested they'll get the maximum, perhaps given the disruption they can try and leverage many other charges at them for a longer jail term.

Probs the full 5 years I reckon.

Perhaps we can expect @stockhausen to make a thread complaining that the drone operator was charged using “terror laws” too.

I guess they’re counting on the Thule roof box on a pole being a bluff...

cbtrqSN.jpg

lol I just imagine all the services standing around and pondering on what they can come up with out of what they have at easy reach from the cars they turned up in, like a staff bonding / leadership event. Great advertising for Thule, they must be chuffed to bits.

Perhaps it gobbles up drones that come to close. :-)

Back
Top Bottom