Drones over gatwick..

By preparing for it? Japan has had Anti-drone capabilities for 3 WHOLE years, and that's just the police.
What other countries have had to deal with a similar situation to this, and how would Japan's anti drone capabilities have helped in this situation, generally interested in what they have and how much it cost, and how their airport infrastructure compares to ours.

What other countries have had to deal with a similar situation to this, and how would Japan's anti drone capabilities have helped in this situation, generally interested in what they have and how much it cost, and how their airport infrastructure compares to ours.

I'd say this is irrelevant to our doing literally nothing to prepare in the first place, even if the Japanese Police have a dysfunctional method (i assume it isn't half bad), it's still vastly superior to looking like a bunch of idiots. Certainly has to be cheaper than the probably immeasurable cost of this disruption, anywhere from suicide to companies going under to looking like muppets when we promise that we aren't stupid in trade deals.

I also have no idea what is meant by "infrastructure", i can only assume it means detection capabilities.

Japan's anti drown capabilities is a drone with long hanging net under it.

They should just roll out the Gundam instead

As little faith I have in the British authorities in handling any situation when it comes to transport infrastructure, surely they are not this inept?

Only reason that makes me think there may just be something else going on but I'm not tinfoil hat enough to bother guessing what.

As little faith I have in the British authorities in handling any situation when it comes to transport infrastructure, surely they are not this inept?

Only reason that makes me think there may just be something else going on but I'm not tinfoil hat enough to bother guessing what.

Let me help... Aliens :D

On the plus side this must be good for the airports economy lol.

These restaurants and bars must be making a killing.... So far I've had two mains, one starter, one prosecco, a beer and a cheesecake..... I'm tempted to go for another

At this point, surely a manpad is the best option.

Yes its overkill, but it will work (they are proven against drones), and if launched when the drone is within Gatwick's perimeter its safe.

Love how they called it "unprecedented situation" on C4 news just now, no one managed to figure out this could happen in all the years that drones have been around?

At this point, surely a manpad is the best option.

Yes its overkill, but it will work (they are proven against drones), and if launched when the drone is within Gatwick's perimeter its safe.

Seriously, you're advocating the use of a Starstreak against something the size of a bread bin are you?

Someone is bound to find out who it is eventually, can see the purpotrator boasting about having grounded flights for 2 days to his mates.

Back
Top Bottom