Drones over gatwick..

Gatwick will be a case study for major airports now and a lot of money will be spent on finding systems for area denial of drones in protected airspace, it's almost as if the people making the money from developing these systems would be incentivised to do something like has happened at Gatwick *tinfoil hat*

Given the risk of drones being used for terrorist attacks against commercial aircraft during takeoff and landing I am surprised nothing has been done before.

This drone todo has certainly kicked drone owners up the backside - Knowing the Gov (Lab & Con)they will come up with a massive knee jerk reaction and ban drones over a certain size - then they will make owner buy a license to use one - This license will have to be issued by the police who will have powers to ask your Doctor for your medical records to see if you are fit for purpose - This license will only cover the small drones - if you want a bigger drone then you apply for a big drone license -Now you will have to jump through hoops and rings of fire - if you are lucky and get a big drone license BDL you will only be able to fly it on specified flying clubs and they will have to keep your drone under lock and key when not in use - Failure to comply with these laws will have a 5 yr prison sentence - I do hope I have made this up but this sort of thing does and has happened over the years. :eek:

Ohhhhhhh, yes it has happened over the years. "Dunblane" anyone ?
I was a lifelong target club member until Dunblane and the change in the law afterwards. Was forced by the police to either sell or destroy my 3 guns at the time. They were destroyed because of course no one could buy them.
It never did of course stop criminals from having guns, in fact gun crime has only risen since then.

'For the lolz' and 'Furious about plane noise' as possible motivations have gone up in the rankings.

Alternatively, someone doesn't like this guy and knows he's into drones so has dropped him in it.

Ohhhhhhh, yes it has happened over the years. "Dunblane" anyone ?
I was a lifelong target club member until Dunblane and the change in the law afterwards. Was forced by the police to either sell or destroy my 3 guns at the time. They were destroyed because of course no one could buy them.
It never did of course stop criminals from having guns, in fact gun crime has only risen since then.

However, school shootings have been relatively low since.

If you read the article, it looks like he has an alibi. Could be a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

If the information going about is correct and he is innocent a very unfortunate coincidence and a bit of a poor decision on his part as supposedly he was seen by several members of the public with just such a drone as would be required for the kind of disruption.

You say he was seen, but he was arrested at home, and not "red handed" as it were. At least that's how it reads.

I'm firmly in the innocent until proven guilty camp here.

Back
Top Bottom