Duke's guide to watching F1 2012 on the cheap

Got my 19.2E dish up this weekend :D Suprisingly easy - first time i've used a satellite dish. I used fastsatfinder from my pc with some wireless headphones so pointing it at the right dish was a pile of piddle. Didn't realise RTL HD was encrypted though before I started, which I'm a bit bummed about :(

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how SkyGo works? Is there a limit to the number of PCs:
  • accessing SkyGo simultaneously?
  • on which it can be viewed at any time (i.e. not simultaneously)?

Not sure, there is a limit of 2 devices per account (although it seems you are able to create additional profiles within your account to increase it) but not heard of a limit on concurrent connections. How come?

Probably on here in the small print - http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-go

Streaming SSF1HD was mentioned. Seeing as it's a subscription channel, and assuming you're not using Sky Go as part of your own package, I think it's probably illegal? I thought that would be obvious?

Not sure how RTL streaming stands.

RTL HD is a subscription channel so I assume it would be the same as discussing streaming SSF1.

We should probubly all shush before a mod arrives :)

anyone heard if there is an agreement between Sky /BBC as to how big the delay is before BBC can transmit the highlight shows after the end of each race (the ones they arent covering live I guess lol)

first year in a very long time I havent got up to watch the Aussie GP live, and after 4 months of no live f1 , its going to be difficult to take :(

anyone heard if there is an agreement between Sky /BBC as to how big the delay is before BBC can transmit the highlight shows after the end of each race (the ones they arent covering live I guess lol)

first year in a very long time I havent got up to watch the Aussie GP live, and after 4 months of no live f1 , its going to be difficult to take :(

I think they have set times for the highlights? Something like 1pm for the morning races, 5pm for the mid day ones, and somewhen later in the evening for the later races. There are full details from the BBC somewhere (check the BBC thread)

Back
Top Bottom