• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Associate
well it was accepted, but not sure if I'm gunna bother, probably getting another same batch.

I think you should give it a shot. I would also like to RMA mine because I am growing more unhappy about it every day, it just isn't performing to the level I expected. I have friends who are getting better performance from CPU's that cost far less than I paid, and I kinda feel ripped off now (though I'm not blaming OcUK one bit, on the contrary, they've been consistently great to me for the last 4 years).

I already mailed OcUK yesterday and told them I was willing to get rid of it if there's any way they can guarantee I don't receive a certain week/batch number again. They wrote back and said it's not really possible to guarantee it, so basically it doesn't sound too promising. I am still willing to try an RMA if possible, though.

I agree with helmut about it not being hard to look at a box before it's shipped out, but whether they'd do that or not is another story.

@ BornEvil: Can I give you my email address? I am not sure how to go about asking for an RMA and it looks like I can't send you a message on here. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Of course they will accept the RMA, They can make more money out of you now.

The CPU isn't faulty, They will test it to see if it runs stable at stock settings, If it does you will be charged a testing fee and have to pay for the postage to return it to you.

Soldato
To be fair, I've had OcUK very kindly accept an item back (opened and temporarily used) as 'unwanted'. That meant there was no testing involved, just a refund. It wasn't faulty per se - it was a cheap Creative sound card that wouldn't play nice in Vista. 10/10 to OcUK tbh.

I'm going to speak to them directly about this for my own order; but as most people know if you order over the internet you have 7 days to return the (unopened) goods for a full refund under DSR. So really, it'd save OcUK a fair bit of manpower and hassle just to honour requests for certain batches/weeks as applicable lest they be inundated with DSR returns and re-orders lol :)

Associate
Of course they will accept the RMA, They can make more money out of you now.

The CPU isn't faulty, They will test it to see if it runs stable at stock settings, If it does you will be charged a testing fee and have to pay for the postage to return it to you.

So be it. I really don't want this under-achiever on my hands, I've already had too many. If that means paying a small fee for testing and postage, I'm prepared to do so. To me that's better than struggling to make a less than decent CPU perform for the next year or two. Also, if I was to sell it on to some other unlucky sod on eBay I would feel bad about it.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Got a Q820A670 E8600 myself.

1.392v (load) and stable at 4.3Ghz so far, only been playing around with it for a few hours though so not sure what the max stable will be yet.

edit 1.44v (load) required for 4.4Ghz to pass Orthos longer than a few mins, currently 20mins into a small FFT test.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom