• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Associate
marka87uk said:
Just wondering - probably a stupid question lol - but if you move the card to another computer after unlocking... will it still be unlocked?

Absolutely, it is the bios chip on the card that is being flashed not anything else in your PC.
Just make the CD and follow the instructions within 1 minute you'll be flying. :D

Associate
I did it!

Got very scared though, after a restart, computer was very laggy - in ATI-Tool it wasn't displaying the temps or anything, was showing weird symbols for the core/memory speeds, and was showing only 8 pixel pipelines! I reinstalled the orginal drivers from the CD, rebooted - all seems to be ok now!

Upped my 3DMark05 score by 579 - which isn't a great increase really, but it shows it made a difference. :)

Will have to play BF2 again now and see if I can use AA without a noticeable decrease in performance. :p

Associate
It's not great to be honest (but I can run BF2 at high settings with no lag at all!) - I have not overclocked the GTO2 at all, only unlocked the pipelines, I'm only running on 1Gb of RAM, and the Opty 144 was running at 2.2Ghz when I benchmarked. I scored 4970. I've seen the score can be improved greatly by overclocking the card; but I haven't attempted that yet!

Associate
Made the noise,then loaded the fonts were massive, changed the resolution

its detected as X850 XT,

are there any new drivers i should use, if someone could point me there would be helpful cheers.

Associate
Hi locutus12, just to let you know I have done a bit of overclocking with the card and increased my 3d score from 5181 std locked to 6378 unlocked then onto 6985 with the clocks @ 540 and 590.

I'm delighted with it and wouldn't have this score if you hadn't done the bios cd, thanks agian. :)))))

Associate
I eventually flashed my card after running it in, and just need to say thanks to locutus12. Made me very happy, not even overclocking as its fast enough, although i used ati tool to find highest o/c. What i good card this is and thanks again mate.

Associate
Help,

Tried 2wice still reading as X800 :(

what am i doing wront, i click the first option and it goes bleep and says flash to 16 pipes is complete,
then after it says press any key to continue,

then says A:\ >

what do i need to do at that point, i hit restart before and noticed no difference please help me people. or is my card flashed and i dont know it ???
loctus add my msn please

[email protected]

Associate
When it said A:\> I pressed restart.

When back in Windows open up ATI-Tool again and see if says you have 16 pipelines.

For some strange and scary reason mine said I had only 8 - I reinstalled the original drivers, rebooted, and now it says 16. I'm no sure but you could try that?

Associate
Just a quick post to say thanks to locutus12. I used your bootable cd to flash my bios and it worked first time. 16 pipelines successfully enabled! Now got my gto2 running at xtpe speeds.

Associate
Thankyou

hey im new on here and found the forum through googling weird as how i have bought lots of items from OCUK for years and didnt know about the forum..

anyway my gto2 is now unlocked and i think i must be one of the lucky ones as i managed to overclock it aswell to 520/gpu and 620/ram but it also might have somthing to do with my pc having very good cooling i think the gto2 might clock higher but i want to wait for it to burn in for a few weeks or so..

3dmark 05 score was 6713 btw on all pipes and OC'ed

many thanks to locutus12 and everyone else

Associate
Hi,

I'll run ATi Tool to check that my GTO2 can support 540/590 clock speeds first. BUt assuming it does can I flash it with this (below) bios and it'll just be a x850 XT PE all the time?
ATI X850 XT PE (PCI-E) 256 MB
Nov 8th 2004 4:17 PM
540 / 590
Samsung 1.6
http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ATI.X850XT.256.Samsung16.041108.bin
or would this be the corrent one
Sapphire X850 XT PE (PCI-E) 256 MB
Nov 8th 2004 4:17 PM
540 / 590
Samsung 1.6
http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/Sapphire.X850XT.256.Samsung16_041108.bin
Is this recommended or would it be better to use ATi Tool on start up?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
It's recommended that you use ATi Tool or ATi Tray Tools on startup. Both leave a very little memory footprint, and it's taking less risks with the BIOS.

Soldato
i put the iso on a cdr, ran the prog, reset the pc, then ran halo and it was jumping every now and again, which it wasnt doing previous to the mod.

spec is opteron 148 and 2gb geil running standard, brand new pc with nothing installed apart from drivers and the halo trial, cpu temp is 30 at idle and 36 after gaming

what could be causing this? is there something i have missed?

Back
Top Bottom