Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Associate
Wonder if Discovery will offer him a show on his own, They've announced this week that Aaron from Fast n Loud is getting his own show as the popularity was still there for him.

This is good news about Aaron. Seemed obvious it was just a matter of time before he was offered something. I think once his show launches and assuming it will be quite successful, Fast n Loud could be retired.

Suspended
This is good news about Aaron. Seemed obvious it was just a matter of time before he was offered something. I think once his show launches and assuming it will be quite successful, Fast n Loud could be retired.

Rawlings has already branched out with another program Garage Rehab.

Soldato
Rawlings has already branched out with another program Garage Rehab.

Which is shocking, you'd think it'd be like Gordon Ramsey going in and trying to improve it, his show is basically go in I'll go into business with you rip everything out and heres all your new stuff from our sponsors but no improvement on work flow etc is done. I'd be interested to know how many shops actually started making a profit once he's been.

Fast N Loud is coming back, starts next week in the US but we'll probably not get it till next year over here.

Soldato
Spot the second he clocks the camera and winds his neck in. Bell end.

Typical salesman, no discernable skills in life that matter, so have to rely on using their mouth to make a living.

Associate
Watched first episode of the new series and I am pleased to say they had minimal Mike in it. the new guy is no Edd, but appears to know his stuff and showed a lot of stuff he did.

Have watched it also, in terms of explaining on what he was doing it was like old school Wheeler Dealers with a bit more depth. Will be interesting to see what the rest of the series was.

Was a stunning Cossie they did up, looked awesome!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I thought the return to the mechanical aspects was a welcome return in comparison to S13. S13 lost the plot for me.

Soldato
If the mechanical aspects haven't been dumbed down and are more like the earlier seasons, I wonder if there was a little more going on behind the scenes that caused Edd to leave.

Caporegime
Most likely backlash and velocity went back on the mechanical stuff but by then it was already too late and edd had left. Even still 20k markup on an engine out service new wheels and max power wing seems a little steep.

Even still it is not like the days of edd fixing up that MR2. Turning a complete shed into a good daily is what I liked about wheeler dealers. Too bad Mike just wants to stay in LA which tbh I don't blame him.

Does anyone know what UK time the show is on? They have a supra on tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
My suspicion is that Mike thought he was the star, and Ed was "his mechanic". When Ed turned out to be more popular, and got more airtime, Mike didn't like it and wanted to angle the show more towards himself. Cue Ed deciding he didn't want to do it any more, and Mike painting him as "the one who left the show".

Soldato
Spot the second he clocks the camera and winds his neck in. Bell end.

Typical salesman, no discernable skills in life that matter, so have to rely on using their mouth to make a living.

ha, that is brilliant. Almost as though he's been caught saying things he knows will get him into trouble.

Soldato
What frustrates me is the show originated in the UK yet we now have to put up with american-isms and now receive episodes after the USA.

I think Mike has probably pushed for that, who wouldn't? But it does feel like the roots or 'essence' of the show has gone a little bit.

Don't mind Ant but it felt light he was trying a touch too hard. Excitement maybe.

Soldato
Watched first episode of the new series and I am pleased to say they had minimal Mike in it. the new guy is no Edd, but appears to know his stuff and showed a lot of stuff he did.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have done this on purpose to try and discredit Edd as it were. The Mike Brewer show will be back in full effect by the series half way point. I must admit i haven't bothered with it at all since it went to America.

Soldato
Actually like the new guy, seen Ed China do some serious bodging over the years, and always felt he was massively overrated. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had done something a bit iffy. Main issue I have with Wheeler Dealers is that it is all about the US now and there are already more than enough US car shows (and too few UK shows). Car SOS is way better now and Fuzz is an infinitely better mechanic.

Just my opinion :D

Back
Top Bottom