Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
ah yes the show where they buy a car for £2000, do it up and sell it for £3000, and all it took was £1500 plus in labour (and then some for a mechanic as good as he is) and £500+ in spare parts.

Oh yeah and £100,000 worth of tools.
How do people continue to miss the point this widely after so many years :confused: There are several posts of this nature in this thread.

Soldato
So from the sounds of it Ed China wanted to go back to the old formula, (return to a UK focus?) but I'm guessing Mike Brewer failed to back him and sided with the production company about the direction of the show, so left.

It was pretty obvious that when the show got a bigger stage in the US, Brewer wanted to be seen as something more than just the dodgy used car salesman, hence his bigger presence in the workshop in recent episodes.

hux

hux

Soldato
Edd could see himself being eventually beind pushed out, so it's no real surprise and I don't blame him.

Hopefully he'll come up with something good, albeit on youtube or somewhere else.

Love how in depth he goes, and the hints and tips are very useful silly little things you wouldn't even think of.

Soldato
Maybe he could pop "down under" and do a special with the Mighty Car Mods guys? Or do some work with colinfurze. I would think either of these youtubers would raise his profile there for his own channel to do quite well. Although he probably wouldn't really need it, it could give a wee bump if he was to start down that road (they 2 channels have over 6 million subscribers between them, and might not be too far off what he does already).

And

And

Associate
I don't think he was pushed. He said in a youtube vid that the production company wanted to cut back on filming workshop stuff as that was the most expensive bit (time consuming). The workshop stuff was what Edd was all about really.

So why push China to leave? :(

Soldato
Wonder if Discovery will offer him a show on his own, They've announced this week that Aaron from Fast n Loud is getting his own show as the popularity was still there for him.

Back
Top Bottom