*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Update from my samurai build, so I seem to have killed a wyrm that gave me a moonveil katana which according to my brother is a really good weapon. I currently have a nakiba+11 that as mentioned in previous post seems to help me kill all the bosses I've faced so far on my first or second go. Is the moonveil even better?

Edit: been advised that dual welding my nakiba and moonveil would be a smart move.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update from my samurai build, so I seem to have killed a wyrm that gave me a moonveil katana which according to my brother is a really good weapon. I currently have a nakiba+11 that as mentioned in previous post seems to help me kill all the bosses I've faced so far on my first or second go. Is the moonveil even better?

Edit: been advised that dual welding my nakiba and moonveil would be a smart move.
A lot of people use the Moonveil but I've always used the Meteoric Ore Blade katana instead.

Associate

Depends on the scaling of the weapon and what your primary stats are. Moonveil scales off INT and DEX, so those are two attributes you want to have as your main stats to get the best use out of this weapon.

Soldato
Depends on the scaling of the weapon and what your primary stats are. Moonveil scales off INT and DEX, so those are two attributes you want to have as your main stats to get the best use out of this weapon.
I'm level 83 I have 40 vigour 40 Dex, very little int. I can go and respect as I killed the witch in lustria.

Associate
I'm level 83 I have 40 vigour 40 Dex, very little int. I can go and respect as I killed the witch in lustria.
It is a fun playstyle, if you did go into intelligence you could actually at some point further down the line upgrade your normal katanas to be infused with magic/ice to take advantage of INT scaling.

That was the first build I cleared the game with, I always went Strength/Faith in every souls game so went the opposite to mix it up. I started with Rapiers, turned to dual katanas, stumbled upon the Moonveil and Meteoric Ore Blade, used them for a while before going back to Katanas infused with ice by the endgame. You can cause a bleed and ice build up in quick succession to do big bursts of damage, it really went through the bosses by the end.

Soldato
Well after 50 hours of Elden ring, my Elite pad is completely falling apart. Absolute garbage pad and a massive waste of money. Is the Ps5 pad any good? Or any others I should look at that are good for souls games?

Associate
Official Xbox controller is what I use.
Same, and Mogh is dead now.
Lusat's and Staff of Loss, with Comet/Night Comet seems to be quite rude, with high level pure mage.
Just waiting for my son's new Strength character to catch up (his previous character vanished from our save, so something definately at play with it)

I got right to the last boss back when it was released and forgot about it, reinstalled last week and finally killed it, now working my way through the DLC, brilliant game and glad to have some more time with it.

Last edited:
Associate
Well after 50 hours of Elden ring, my Elite pad is completely falling apart. Absolute garbage pad and a massive waste of money. Is the Ps5 pad any good? Or any others I should look at that are good for souls games?
do yourself a favour and get a guilikit kingkong 2 or 3 pro or max. hall sensor sticks on it. great quality built controller, you wont look back

Soldato
do yourself a favour and get a guilikit kingkong 2 or 3 pro or max. hall sensor sticks on it. great quality built controller, you wont look back

The Gulikit KK3 Max looked good until I watched a review about it.

Got pulled up for advertising the buttons as being microswitches, and turned out to be membrane.

Also has plastic trigger mechanisms, likely to break.

Wouldn't be getting one of these personally.

Soldato
Same, and Mogh is dead now.
Lusat's and Staff of Loss, with Comet/Night Comet seems to be quite rude, with high level pure mage.
Just waiting for my son's new Strength character to catch up (his previous character vanished from our save, so something definately at play with it)

Yeah mage is easy mode, hence how I managed to finish the game lol.

Back
Top Bottom