*** Elden Ring ***

Enjoying my first play through still. Managed to get my samurai to level 99 he has 48 vigour and 50 Dex. My sword is still +10 or 11 so I'm not sure if it's a bit behind or not. I'm in caleid now doing some exploring, I can see a big castle in the distance so I'm guessing that's where that radahns is.
How hard is he or is he like Godrick and the witch, in which case should die on my first go.

SHE IS FINALLY DEAD!!!!!!
After my brief pause turned into a multi-month affair I came back to face her. Fresh eyes and rejigging my stats and equipment I found a build that helped me dish out a lot of bleed.

Here is a video for anyone who is interested.

Time to kill the first elden lord and the elden beast and my first playthrough will be complete after an entire year

Nicely done! This game has finally 'clicked' with me and I'm really enjoying it. Working my way through the basegame following Fightin' Cowboy's walkthrough. Never followed a walkthrough before but as it's my first souls game I felt like I didn't have a choice because I had no idea what I should be doing :cry: . Was planning to use the walkthrough to just 'get me going' but I'm really enjoying his videos so planning to carry on following them and may do the same for the DLC. Then I want to give Sekiro a go, although I've heard that's tough going. As someone new to a souls game, the difficult part for me (so far) hasn't been so much the combat but the game being so massive and complex (in terms of the story, builds and the huge variety of items). It was overwhelming at first. So yeah, there's my next few months of gaming planned for me I guess :D

Last edited:
Enjoying my first play through still. Managed to get my samurai to level 99 he has 48 vigour and 50 Dex. My sword is still +10 or 11 so I'm not sure if it's a bit behind or not. I'm in caleid now doing some exploring, I can see a big castle in the distance so I'm guessing that's where that radahns is.
How hard is he or is he like Godrick and the witch, in which case should die on my first go.

Radahn is way above those two lol.

Yeah I mean I'm not surprised at your level lol. I think I was level 14 when I got to Renalla.
Wow how did you get on, I think I was level 70 when I fought her. You must be good. I struggled on sekiro and dark souls and gave up early. This is completely different as you can go anywhere.
Also the horse is a game changer which I don't think the producers thought through as any boss can be killed easily if you have a horse as the enemies can't catch you lol.

Wow how did you get on, I think I was level 70 when I fought her. You must be good. I struggled on sekiro and dark souls and gave up early. This is completely different as you can go anywhere.
Also the horse is a game changer which I don't think the producers thought through as any boss can be killed easily if you have a horse as the enemies can't catch you lol.

No I'm not good, I just had a particularly easy time with that one for some reason. I'll be interested to see how you find Radahn when you get there :)

No I'm not good, I just had a particularly easy time with that one for some reason. I'll be interested to see how you find Radahn when you get there :)
I'll let you know, barley touched caleid so I like to explore hence how I managed to get higher level, don't want to miss out on any cool items and possible optional bosses.
Not entirely sure where he's too yet but I'll report back.

The Gulikit KK3 Max looked good until I watched a review about it.

Got pulled up for advertising the buttons as being microswitches, and turned out to be membrane.

Also has plastic trigger mechanisms, likely to break.

Wouldn't be getting one of these personally.

and yet ive had mine for a while and the 2 for years and no issues with either, all buttons replaceable including switches. best controllers ive used period. most reviews for the 3 give it an almost perfect controller.

Last edited:
Well after 50 hours of Elden ring, my Elite pad is completely falling apart. Absolute garbage pad and a massive waste of money. Is the Ps5 pad any good? Or any others I should look at that are good for souls games?
What controller are you referring to? I have the Microsoft elite 2 and mine is as good as new after more hours than that with it. I use it for PC although the dual senses I have for my PS5 are excellent but I remember needing to use ds4 emulator to use it wirelessly for some PC games but that was a few years ago, maybe things have changed.

Update, just had my hardest fight yet, I found a castle and there was a boss right at the bottom. He was called apostle godskin. He was harder than the two main bosses I faced, it took about 10 goes to beat him, I tried added Scarlett rott to my sword which helped and also the first time I knew I could do that to my weapon it seems I can add other affects too which is cool.
Anyway been given some nice looking armour which I probably won't use as I still like my samurai clothes.

I hope radahns ain't any harder as that was mental lol

What controller are you referring to? I have the Microsoft elite 2 and mine is as good as new after more hours than that with it. I use it for PC although the dual senses I have for my PS5 are excellent but I remember needing to use ds4 emulator to use it wirelessly for some PC games but that was a few years ago, maybe things have changed.

Yeah I'm using DualSense wireless on PC with no third party programs.

Last edited:
My sword is still +10 or 11 so I'm not sure if it's a bit behind or not. I'm in caleid now doing some exploring, I can see a big castle in the distance so I'm guessing that's where that radahns is.
+10 is the max level for unique weapons anyway.

Back
Top Bottom