*** Elden Ring ***

Man of Honour
I highly recommend Sekiro if you enjoyed this.
I didnt really get on with Sekiro, but I know why, for some reason (probably crappy timing on my part) I dont really enjoy souls-likes which are based around parrying/blocking etc, I much prefer souls-likes which are based around dodging. I do well with games that I have to dodge in but I'm terrible at games where I have to parry. Due to that, whilst I was able to 100% Elden Ring, I could barely get anywhere in Sekiro because I dont get on with the parry/deflect mechanic. Fabulous looking game though, one of those games that I always wished I clicked with (like the Final Fantasy games) but just dont.

Soldato
Update from my samurai build, well I've just gone through lustria academy in about an hour got to the main boss Rannie and killed her first time. The knight outside by the lift to get to her killed me with his shield and one hit attack. She died very quickly and was a bit easier than Godrick.
I must be massively over levelled but I'm sure it will pick up soon.
Going to go explore the swamp a bit more then try the two pieces of land that are around the swamp.
Also I went to this red place that I got to from getting a stone from a priest but I think I shouldn't be here yet as the enemies are destroying me.

Should I be heading to calid next as I think it looks like another big area where I think a main boss should be?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Update from my samurai build, well I've just gone through lustria academy in about an hour got to the main boss Rannie and killed her first time. The knight outside by the lift to get to her killed me with his shield and one hit attack. She died very quickly and was a bit easier than Godrick.
I must be massively over levelled but I'm sure it will pick up soon.
Going to go explore the swamp a bit more then try the two pieces of land that are around the swamp.
Also I went to this red place that I got to from getting a stone from a priest but I think I shouldn't be here yet as the enemies are destroying me.

Should I be heading to calid next as I think it looks like another big area where I think a main boss should be?
Shes actually one of the tougher early bosses, so yeah you must be massively over levelled. Caelid is where I generally go after the Academy zone , Caelid is where one of the optional bosses (Radahn) are that you need to kill in order to get access to the DLC lands

Soldato
Shes actually one of the tougher early bosses, so yeah you must be massively over levelled. Caelid is where I generally go after the Academy zone , Caelid is where one of the optional bosses (Radahn) are that you need to kill in order to get access to the DLC lands
Thanks I'll head there next.

Soldato

You don't need to kill Radahn for DLC access, there is a far quicker way to get there but I am unsure of his play through history, and tbh it may only be quicker if you know where to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I I think Rennala in Lucaria Academy is much easier for melee buids. A mate killed her first time where I must have took 20 tries as a caster. It doesn't help with the awful caster targeting at the first phase.

Man of Honour
You don't need to kill Radahn for DLC access, there is a far quicker way to get there but I am unsure of his play through history, and tbh it may only be quicker if you know where to go.
Oh? I thought you had to kill Radahn and Mohg?

I made sure that I had killed them both on all my characters due to this post on IGN.

"According to the developers, there are only two main shardbearer bosses that must be defeated to access the DLC: Starscourge Radahn, and Mogh, Lord of Blood."

I figured if the devs were saying you had to kill those two then I had better do it. If theres a way the devs dont know about to go to the DLC lands without killing them both then maybe its a loophole which will be patched

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh? I thought you had to kill Radahn and Mohg?

I made sure that I had killed them both on all my characters due to this post on IGN.

"According to the developers, there are only two main shardbearer bosses that must be defeated to access the DLC: Starscourge Radahn, and Mogh, Lord of Blood."

I figured if the devs were saying you had to kill those two then I had better do it. If theres a way the devs dont know about to go to the DLC lands without killing them both then maybe its a loophole which will be patched

Oh maybe I got my wires crossed and was thinking of just getting access to the palace very early on in the game rather than actually killing bosses.
Because following the quest line from the very first NPC you meet outside of the cave can get you there very quickly which is useful actually if you want to start farming a certain bird.

Just not sure where Radahn features in it tbh. Speaking of, I killed him the other night on my second attempt. Much easier the second time around lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh maybe I got my wires crossed and was thinking of just getting access to the palace very early on in the game rather than actually killing bosses.
Because following the quest line from the very first NPC you meet outside of the cave can get you there very quickly which is useful actually if you want to start farming a certain bird.
Yeah you can get to both Radahn and Mohg quite quickly (though beating them both that early on is a different matter of course :D )

Soldato
This is my first play through, no rush to get to dlc, as it's sounds very hard I'm probably not even strong enough.

Soldato

Just not sure where Radahn features in it tbh. Speaking of, I killed him the other night on my second attempt. Much easier the second time around lol.
You need to kill radahn and Mohg.

Soldato
You need to kill radahn and Mohg.

What's the reason for Radahn? Is there some story thing I've forgotten, like I don't recall any link between them.

This is my first play through, no rush to get to dlc, as it's sounds very hard I'm probably not even strong enough.

Technically strong enough at level 1, realistically, and on a first play through yeah probably :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not even purchased it yet, said I'd only do so (to myself) once I finished the base game up to the same standard as my PS5 save, so pretty much have to get all achievements and a couple of hero graves :|
Achievements ? As in trophy’s ?? Forget that clout chasing trash. Play the game how you want to.

Soldato
Achievements ? As in trophy’s ?? Forget that clout chasing trash. Play the game how you want to.

Nothing to do with clout, they are a good metric for completion as a lot are tied to optional bosses and collecting all the talismans and rare incantations etc :) I am playing how I want to I assure you.

Back
Top Bottom