*** Elden Ring ***

Golden Vow = Damage and defense buff
FMGS = Increased physical and fire damage

When I cast both, the Attack Power on Bloodhound's Fang goes from 746 to 1,029.
Jesus.
I'm on my first play through so still learning. I might be able to buy golden vow from the guy in my camp. Not sure what FMGS stands for so I'll see if I can work it out.

Don't know who that is.
Just had a quick session managed to kill the big gold boss and the main one after him both on my first try. Should I stop using mimic as it seems like I'm cheating, or am I still in the tutorial section?
There's a door/tree that is sealed now I'm being told by the woman NPC to head elsewhere I think land of giants?
Gone up a couple levels now at 131 and clocked 38hrs.
Sounds like you’re in lyndell capital, which is way past the “tutorial” area.

The difficulty of the game is based on how you want play. There is nothing wrong with using the mimic tear. If you feel that the game is too easy then you could stop using the summons and try and take on the boss without them.

Just killed the fire giant. Went to fort and got an achievement for killing commander Neill. This mimic is a bit naughty as he helped kill him on my first go.
Don't feel too bad cheating as I have a serious back log of games I want to get through so didn't want to be stuck on this for ages. So far clocked in 42 hours now.

OxYJzi1.jpeg

0ellImd.jpeg

N7Z9kQL.jpeg

UM3Y8No.jpeg

LG3zm5i.jpeg

Have I just reached the end zone now?

Last edited:
You're pretty much getting there

(according to my Steam played time, my Elden Ring clocks in at 638 hours played :) - that does include a full co-op playthrough as well as my single player playthroughs though)

Last edited:
So I'm probably gonna clock 50ish hours to finish it then.
I see that Selene and Rennie have there own questlines they worth doing?
Also bought the dlc is that worth my time, I killed morg?

Last edited:
Games well worth exploring, don’t follow the route set by the sites of grace, explore the areas fully there is a lot there hidden away. And if you enjoy the base game then the DLC is well worth the cost, is bigger than some games.

So I'm probably gonna clock 50ish hours to finish it then.
I see that Selene and Rennie have there own questlines they worth doing?
Also bought the dlc is that worth my time, I killed morg?

How did you manage to uncover the map in only 50hrs? I think by the time I finished the base game I had played 165hrs.

Had a good session this morning, killed a dragon, then another boss that had a stretchy guy and a fat one that respawned about 3 times. Killed them on my second go.
Found a boss called maliketh that I managed to get to his second form but couldn't quite beat him, so I might go level up a bit more.
Found lots of bells which has all the smithing stones, I managed to upgrade my katana to max level now, it's so deadly.

Just killed the NPC who was my friend but betrayed me. Easy fight now I'm facing another boss.
Another fight already?

fwZk9LW.jpeg

Last edited:
Elden beast seems pretty tough, might have a break today. Done well killed a lot of bosses this morning. Might finish it on my next session, clocked 44 hours so it would be pretty good to get this done now.

Guys, I've really gotten into this game, but have an issue with the graphics. Shadows are flickering and it's quite bad in some places making some places almost pitch black for a second. I'm hoping this is common but a quick search in the thread hasn't shown anything.

I've had this issue on both a TV and monitor.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom