*** Elden Ring ***

Played a bit more decided to leave Elden beast alone and go see who this melania boss is, ending up looking up her location. Managed to get to her. Seems pretty hard the first phase is easy but it's her second she seems to destroy me with scarlet rott.
Tempted to finish this game and kill Elden beast at the 48hour game mark.

Sod it just killed Elden beast first go today, definitely hardest boss so far after a good 8 attempts.

jpspEwa.jpeg

Last edited:
Guess I'm watching the ending now.

Enjoyed the game but it's not a series I ever got into as they were too difficult. Good 48hour game managed to get to level 150. Look to play a bit more of a light hearted game now, I'll stick to my turn based crpgs and crusader kings thanks.

Last edited:
Guess I'm watching the ending now.

Enjoyed the game but it's not a series I ever got into as they were too difficult. Good 48hour game managed to get to level 150. Look to play a bit more of a light hearted game now, I'll stick to my turn based crpgs and crusader kings thanks.

The DLC is meant to be a masterpiece as well.

I'm still baffled how you got through this game in the time you did. The game is vast.

Last edited:

I'm still baffled how you got through this game in the time you did. The game is vast.
Might come back to it one day but it's not my type of game I find them a bit hard. I only got into as my grandad of 81 completed it a couple months ago. So that gave me confidence to give it a good go.
Started this game on 22nd June so it was quite quick.

Yeah its a pretty darned good DLC, I said at the time that only an Elden Ring (and possibly Baldurs Gate 3) DLC could get away with charging 34.99 but to be fair to them the DLC they came out with is huge, theres more hours of play in that DLC than there are in some entire games

Yeah its a pretty darned good DLC, I said at the time that only an Elden Ring (and possibly Baldurs Gate 3) DLC could get away with charging 34.99 but to be fair to them the DLC they came out with is huge, theres more hours of play in that DLC than there are in some entire games
Only £26 from CDKeys, bargain!

I've just defeated Margit and although level 40'ish getting smashed to pieces in the castle. So i've started exploring more and initially thought Caelid was the furthest point, i've now somehow managed to get to the giant lift and in awe at the size of this game.
I've resulted to a guide for a few bits though as there was a weapon and ashes I required. I do love the whole 'drop you in at deep end and fend for yourself' approach but would be genuinely amazed if anyone completed this without resulting to some sore of guide, if you had 100's of hours to chuck at it maybe. But some of the path logic is nuts and a huge amount of trial and error (and luck) is required.

Ps. would there be any benefit me getting the DLC this early in or am I so far away from the 'entrance' it would not be wise?

Last edited:
I've just defeated Margit and although level 40'ish getting smashed to pieces in the castle. So i've started exploring more and initially thought Caelid was the furthest point, i've now somehow managed to get to the giant lift and in awe at the size of this game.
I've resulted to a guide for a few bits though as there was a weapon and ashes I required. I do love the whole 'drop you in at deep end and fend for yourself' approach but would be genuinely amazed if anyone completed this without resulting to some sore of guide, if you had 100's of hours to chuck at it maybe. But some of the path logic is nuts and a huge amount of trial and error (and luck) is required.

Ps. would there be any benefit me getting the DLC this early in or am I so far away from the 'entrance' it would not be wise?

What do you mean ' there was a weapon and ashes I required"?
Like what led to you thinking you needed a particular weapon and or ashes?

You dont necessarily need the DLC yet, you need to have killed Mohg and Radahn before entering the DLC lands and much of the DLC is more like endgame content anyway, so theres no harm in waiting til you are further through

Sod it just killed Elden beast first go today, definitely hardest boss so far after a good 8 attempts.
First go after 8 attempts - help me do the maths here.

Interesting that you found Elden Beast the most difficult! On my first playthrough it was Rykard and Melania that caused me the most trouble. I think it took me 3 attempts on Elden Beast - compared to 20+ on Melania.

I've just defeated Margit and although level 40'ish getting smashed to pieces in the castle.
Margit is sort of the 'gatekeeper' (geddit...) for the early boss fights - so once you've beaten him, even if you're getting murdered in the castle, you're probably at a good place to keep moving forward. I found Margit more difficult than the next 3 or 4 main bosses that come after.

First go after 8 attempts - help me do the maths here.

Interesting that you found Elden Beast the most difficult! On my first playthrough it was Rykard and Melania that caused me the most trouble. I think it took me 3 attempts on Elden Beast - compared to 20+ on Melania.
Lol first go on that day, tried about 8 gos the day before.

What do you mean ' there was a weapon and ashes I required"?
Like what led to you thinking you needed a particular weapon and or ashes?

Because I was getting destroyed by Margit as a Samurai with a shield. Found out about dual wielding but didn't know where to find another Uchigatana so looked it up, that help deal some more damage, along with the ashes 'unsheathe'. Then found out about the bell but without a guide I don't think I would have ever stumbled back to starting grace to have it passed to me. That helped a lot.

You dont necessarily need the DLC yet, you need to have killed Mohg and Radahn before entering the DLC lands and much of the DLC is more like endgame content anyway, so theres no harm in waiting til you are further through

Noted, thank you

Margit is sort of the 'gatekeeper' (geddit...) for the early boss fights - so once you've beaten him, even if you're getting murdered in the castle, you're probably at a good place to keep moving forward. I found Margit more difficult than the next 3 or 4 main bosses that come after.

Will do :) Thanks

102 hours in, following everything I need to do to hopefully get platinum... the scale and attention to detail in this game is nothing short of mind blowing. I can't comprehend how anyone could see even half the content of this game without researching lots on along the way. So many things are so well hidden behind secret walls, ledges etc. and often they're not even small areas. Fair play to anyone that has the patience to work it out by themselves :cry:

Last edited:
102 hours in, following everything I need to do to hopefully get platinum... the scale and attention to detail in this game is nothing short of mind blowing. I can't comprehend how anyone could see even half the content of this game without researching lots on along the way. So many things are so well hidden behind secret walls, ledges etc. and often they're not even small areas. Fair play to anyone that has the patience to work it out by themselves :cry:
Just remember to get your save states ready when you get to the end unless you want to play through another few times!

I assume you have to manually export the saves or similar? Playing on steam…
Ah... Sorry, thought we were in the console section for some reason as on PS5 you have to disable save sync and then keep loading the old save. I'm not entirely sure how to do it on Steam, my PC run through I only did once and never got close to all of the achievements.

Back
Top Bottom