*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Is there any reason not to kill all the vendors in the game? Apparently once you kill them all their items are available at round table hold

so why not right?

Is there any reason not to kill all the vendors in the game? Apparently once you kill them all their items are available at round table hold

so why not right?

Some of them have quests to get amazing gear, if you HULK SMASH them i think you just get the basic gear they were selling one way of another but not the special items associated with their quest.

Soldato
Some of them have quests to get amazing gear, if you HULK SMASH them i think you just get the basic gear they were selling one way of another but not the special items associated with their quest.

Which ones? Sorry to be clear I'm referring to the open world Santa clause vendors they are all over the place and upon death they drop bell bearings which unlocks their inventory at the round table hold

Associate
After starting again many times I seem to have the most luck with a Paladin type. Having a shield just makes things a lot easier. How much grinding are you guys doing? I just went to the south of Limgrave to this castle... it didn't end well... :) Having my weapon scale with Faith has been a bit of a game changer too.

Which ones? Sorry to be clear I'm referring to the open world Santa clause vendors they are all over the place and upon death they drop bell bearings which unlocks their inventory at the round table hold

Ah ok sorry, not sure any are special apart from Kale in the first area, although he does say not to harm any others so maybe there are consequences down the road?

Associate
I'm glad I spent my runes before taking on Margit. For the most part I'm loving this game. The exploration and discovery is great but... and I'm not counting this as a slight against the game. The difficulty for me personally on the boss encounters is a lot to take on. For me it does border on frustration but I'll press on.

Man of Honour
I'm glad I spent my runes before taking on Margit. For the most part I'm loving this game. The exploration and discovery is great but... and I'm not counting this as a slight against the game. The difficulty for me personally on the boss encounters is a lot to take on. For me it does border on frustration but I'll press on.

The beauty of this in comparison with past souls games is that in the past you would hit a boss like that and that was it for your game if you couldnt get past them but in Elden Ring if a boss is kicking your butt you can just go off and do something else instead and level up/gear up and come back and do the boss later.

Soldato
I am similar, but just loving the game. Currently just trying to level up my weapons and character so that the boss encounters are more likely to go my way with a bit of grinding. I've definitely improved and am keen to commit more time to it and complete the story properly.

Associate
Spent a couple of hours yesterday making my way through Stormveil Castle. Place is pretty big, so took most of the night. I think I've got through most of it other than the bit at the very bottom and a few Stonesword key locations. Will tackle that tonight.

Died about 4-5 times to Godrick, but wasn't too tricky. To be honest, even though I am a bit over-levelled, I'd rather it like this than if I were severely under-levelled and barely did any damage and died 30 times per boss. I got stuck on a Magma Wyrm optional boss last week where I just kept making dumb mistakes and took like 2-3 hours attempting to beat it. It just makes you frustrated more than anything.

Associate
Oh....my....sweet....Jesus

The difficulty has been spiking way upward towards the endgame, the damage enemies/bosses deal out is crazy, it's almost like playing on some iteration of NG+ from previous games.

But my god this boss:
Malenia, Blade of Miquella

What absolute insanity, hardest thing by far in this game so far. I can get to phase 2 pretty reliably using lots of hit and run jump attacks, but then it all goes to pot...

Caporegime
Oh....my....sweet....Jesus

The difficulty has been spiking way upward towards the endgame, the damage enemies/bosses deal out is crazy, it's almost like playing on some iteration of NG+ from previous games.

But my god this boss:
Malenia, Blade of Miquella

What absolute insanity, hardest thing by far in this game so far. I can get to phase 2 pretty reliably using lots of hit and run jump attacks, but then it all goes to pot...

Pure BS boss. That one attack she does where she does the flurry is almost impossible to avoid, obviously it also heals her :/ It's a fight that's more based on luck than skill and for that reason she's BS imo. I did manage to beat her with a Mimic Tear, which itself was a problem as she would just nail the mimic to get her health back. In the end it comes down to 'how many times is she going to do the flurry?' Once/twice and you have a chance.

Soldato
I only started playing this the other day, so I'm still pretty new to everything. A couple of questions - is there any point in upgrading the gear you start with, or is it best to wait until you loot something better? Also, is there a recommended level that I should get to before leaving the first area? Cheers.

Soldato
Couple of questions about this, is it playable with a mouse & kb and will it run on a 1080 and one of the 49 inch Samsung screens 3840x1080 as well so take it I'd need to drop a lot of the graphic settings.

Man of Honour
Couple of questions about this, is it playable with a mouse & kb and will it run on a 1080 and one of the 49 inch Samsung screens 3840x1080 as well so take it I'd need to drop a lot of the graphic settings.

I'm playing on m&kb and doing fine , I also have a 1080 (running on 2560x1440) and its running fine too, I have everything on High or Maximum, except for the mandatory turning off of DoF and Motion Blur

Back
Top Bottom