*** Elden Ring ***

Man of Honour
Arguably, why should there need to be a literal option to switch this? Can't the game just recognise there is no controller plugged in and switch to K&M prompts itself? Do PS5 and Xbox users need to switch to their respective controllers too?

I agree, it should do this automatically to be fair. It shouldnt require you to go in and manually do it. On the flip side of that, if you are a professional reviewer and doing a professional review, you would think that as an experienced game reviewer you would at the very least, check in the settings. He actually did the exact same thing in Total Warhammer 3 where he complained that his units just stood still from time to time after fighting, without actually understanding that they did so because he had them set on Guard Mode. Such oversights are fine for a run of the mill gamer but not for a professional reviewer. That however does not of course excuse the fact that the input detection really ought to be automatic.

Man of Honour

• Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name includes a multi-byte character (e.g., kanji).
    • We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
Someone wiser than me will need to explain this one to me, whats an example of a multibyte character? I see it says kanji there but that looks like all normal characters to me? Is a multibyte character a symbol or something like that? Might explain why I am not having any launch issues as my steam name is rather predictably (as its the name I've used for all online gaming for 20+ years :D ) simply Tombstone

Associate
Someone wiser than me will need to explain this one to me, whats an example of a multibyte character? I see it says kanji there but that looks like all normal characters to me? Is a multibyte character a symbol or something like that? Might explain why I am not having any launch issues as my steam name is rather predictably (as its the name I've used for all online gaming for 20+ years :D ) simply Tombstone

Kanji as in kanji used in the Japanese language, not the word "kanji" :p So basically non-"English alphabet" characters.

Soldato
Not really playable for me unfortunately.

Got out into the world and wanted to kill the Tree Sentinel before unlocking the ability to level up as a small challenge.

Totally doable but the frames are all over the place and it's stuttering, makes the fight super annoying. Even when I turn some settings down I still can't get 60fps.

It might also be my old 4790k, in which case I'm screwed.

Soldato
yeah so far the game has been amazing for the 6 hours played. Touch wood I've not had any major issue, it's stable at 60fps everything maxed with just a couple of stutters here and there

The game has technical issues, and should have been delayed to fix them before releasing, that's on them. But to just trash it for that just shows how certain reviewers should be going on peoples ignore list

Soldato
16GB no problems aside from textures/meshes loading in when awaking from a "bonfire" or whatever they're called now when the game comes back around from being black.

Permabanned
yeah so far the game has been amazing for the 6 hours played. Touch wood I've not had any major issue, it's stable at 60fps everything maxed with just a couple of stutters here and there

The game has technical issues, and should have been delayed to fix them before releasing, that's on them. But to just trash it for that just shows how certain reviewers should be going on peoples ignore list

If a games released in a bad state it should be trashed for it. :confused:

Soldato
16gb, 4790k, 2070S at 1440p.

Performance is bad in open vistas, maybe my rig is just too weak but I'd expect it to run much better given the visuals are nice but not groundbreaking.

I haz 4090!
Don
I'm done with Mac after his past few reviews. He used to be a really solid reviewer, he stood by his principles (the main one for me being that he completed games before reviewing them) but his channel deserves to die now. He puts no effort at all into his reviews anymore, I think he's completely burnt out and is clinging onto his glory days.

I'm not even enjoying ER all that much to be honest, it's not like I'm a fan boy defending anything.

Associate
Just had a look at the steam forums and there's many posts saying how bad it is on pc and seeking refunds. Cyberpunk and battlefield all over again. What a shame

Soldato
I have absolutely no idea why hardcore pc gamers haven't allocated some of their retarded gpu budgets to a next gen console.

Most pc releases end up with people whining on here while the console forum has people discussing gameplay. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom