*** Elden Ring ***

Man of Honour
Price is fine. If games actually cost based on their 'quality' then £35 would be a steal compared to most of slop that comes out on PC.
Apparently the content in it was originally going to be across two DLCs as well, so really if you look at it that way then its 2 x £17.50 and £17 is more a normal DLC price anyway

Soldato
It's now confirmed the entrance into the DLC is the cocoon behind the boss in mohgwyn palace

Now mohgwyn palace is an optional area and an optional boss but all players who want to play the DLC must have cleared the game at least to this point to enter the cocoon and be transported into the DLC

So if you have not yet progressed to mohgwyn palace and killed Mohg Lord of Blood in your current playthrough, make sure you have done by so 21 June

Last edited:
Soldato
That's one hell of a barrier to playing the DLC that you paid for!

Pretty standard for From Software games though, they usually put the entrance into the DLC far into the game, which ensures that your character is at a high level already and therefore able to do the content. The DLC will be harder than the base game, so if a player cannot get through the base game, then they will get rekt in the DLC anyway

Soldato
It had better be sizeable, 35 quid is a huge amount for a DLC. Thats the same price as the whole Helldivers 2. £10 more than Enshrouded. Time to replay through the game in full co-op before June 21 :)
In Eurogamers YT interview with Miyazaki they said that the expansion was bigger than Limgrave.

I was hoping it would be at least double that size but they did also say it was a lot more densely packed than ER.

Soldato
Info from that euro gamer interview

* The size of the new area the DLC takes place in is larger than Limgrave and more densely packed than Limgrave

* Dungeons will be a little more intertwined with open world gameplay, rather than the clear divide between dungeon and open world that exists in the base game. The DLC does still have large legacy dungeons

* The expansion adds 8 new types of weapons to the game, 8 new categories had to be created to fit these all the new weapons. There is also new spells.

* There is more than 10 new bosses

* As far as difficulty, the expansion will be similar or slightly more difficult than the end game of Elden Ring, and if you want very challenging content, similar to the infamous Melania fight, yes there are new bosses that are as tough as Melania.

* Yes the new zone for the expansion does include a Poison Swamp, rejoice poison swamp lovers!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's now confirmed the entrance into the DLC is the cocoon behind the boss in mohgwyn palace

Now mohgwyn palace is an optional area and an optional boss but all players who want to play the DLC must have cleared the game at least to this point to enter the cocoon and be transported into the DLC

So if you have not yet progressed to mohgwyn palace and killed Mohg Lord of Blood in your current playthrough, make sure you have done by so 21 June
I suspect that most people have access to this area as it does contains some of the most famous rune farms in the game

Soldato
Miyazaki says no bloodborne remake or remaster is in the works, but maybe one day one will come for the PlayStation 6 lol

Why PlayStation 6 only? Miyazaki says he likes to wait for two generations before remaking a game, and Bloodborne was a PS4 game so he wants PS6 hardware for a Bloodborne remake to make it stand out and be worth while

So that puts all Bloodborne rumours of the last few years to bed, all are made up BS. Miyazaki has told us in plain English there is no Bloodborne remaster in development and he will not even consider making one until he has a PS6 development kit in his hands

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been phrased that it is about the size of Limgrave, maybe a little larger. Little disappointed with that. I wanted it to be bigger, especially for the attached price.

Soldato
It's been phrased that it is about the size of Limgrave, maybe a little larger. Little disappointed with that. I wanted it to be bigger, especially for the attached price.

It depends how you think about size. A sparsely packed land mass which is equivalent of the Skyrim is large, ultimately small in terms of content.
Where as a much smaller land mass with more to do and hidden nooks and crannies is arguably larger.
It's like when games say their equivalent of kilometres squared in terms of map size so people can get excited about big numbers and then when they play it they complain the oh god there's just loads of open fields and roads like yeah what did you expect?

Elite Dangerous is the largest game, it has billions of solar systems, not much in them mind but you know, BILLIONS of systems.

Last edited:
Soldato
I spent about 35 hours in Limgrave on my first playthrough and the dlc map is supposed more dense with more content than Limgrave so probably it's a 40 to 50 hour dlc I'm happy with that

Associate
I was expecting an area about the size of one of the regions, so a slightly larger, more densely packed one seems pretty decent to me. Plus it's going to be scaled for endgame, so probably not something you can just blitz through even with a fully decked out character.

Price might be a bit steep yes, but I think they've probably delivered on all the DLCs they've made in the past and made them essential content on any new playthroughs.

Associate
take my money.jpg! I'm confident this is going to rock my world :)
I kinda wished it would be a new start from level one though, I tried to play my NG+ last night (after not playing for a few months) and I was getting rekt by everything :mad:

Soldato
The trailer has made me want to do another playthrough again so might have to try line one up so it ends around the release of the DLC. Any build suggestions? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to try a melee build, I did the easy int/magic route which mainly used rock sling or whatever and it was probably the only way I was ever going to complete the game with all the other crutches like mimic tear.

Back
Top Bottom