*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Tried to run the game again and just getting constant system crashes where the pc locks up and reboots as soon as the easy anti cheat screen comes up.

Figured out it's the anti cheat, it causes the PC to die for some reason and if I disable it then the game boots up and runs fine

Has anyone found a solution to easy anti cheat causes system crashes with ryzen motherboards? Does a bios update fix it?

I've run cpu and memory stress tests and everything seems stable; also all components including the GPU are stock and yet without fail easy anti cheat kills the pc

Last edited:
Associate
Tried to run the game again and just getting constant system crashes where the pc locks up and reboots as soon as the easy anti cheat screen comes up.

Figured out it's the anti cheat, it causes the PC to die for some reason and if I disable it then the game boots up and runs fine

Has anyone found a solution to easy anti cheat causes system crashes with ryzen motherboards? Does a bios update fix it?

I've run cpu and memory stress tests and everything seems stable; also all components including the GPU are stock and yet without fail easy anti cheat kills the pc
Elden Ring can be very "fussy" on PC. I had major stuttering when I was using a 5800X3D on an ultrawide monitor. When I upgraded to AM5 platform with a 7800X3D ( and 4K display ) the problem mysteriously vanished. When you say you're running everything at "stock" does that include no PBO/curve optimizer offset ? If you do have PBO enabled I'd suggest switching it off or, at the very least, reducing the offset value. Also, as some gamers can find the 7950X ( and 7950X3D ) to be a bit buggy when it comes to gaming ( due to cores switching off ) definitely ensure you've got up to date BIOS/drivers. Finally, worth considering re-configuring or switching off any anti-virus software you're running - I read about multiple incidents of conflicts with the anti-cheat code. Some people never resolved this issue and just played "offline" with mods to negate the use of the in-built anti-cheat code.

Soldato
Yep PBO is also off. I'll look into the anti virus, I am running Norton, but I don't think it's the anti virus otherwise I'd expect to see some error about the game not starting or the anticheat failing to start, where as the way the PC behaves makes me think it's something at a lower level like a driver/bios/windows. Windows event viewer doesn't record any errors so it doesn't help to identify the cause

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just started Elden Ring after having played through DS3 a couple of times and absolutely loved it.
The tree sentinel at the start is a good clue that it's ok to come back to parts of the game... I'm maybe 20 hrs in, and just gone back to him, dragon on Argeel lake next.

I thought the Abyss watcher fight in DS3 was badass so I've tried to build something similar in ER, then I happened across the Bloodhound Fang which turns out to be immense.

Soldato
Decided to come back to this ahead of the DLC and after not playing it for a couple of years its such a massive learning curve! Really wish I hadn't gone into NG+1 and its also bizarre they dont have cross platform save progress!

Associate
Back on this now in anticipation of the DLC, but it seems you pretty much have to have completed the game before you are granted access. Will probably take me a month to get to.

Associate
DLC looking good, I just started a new character to prepare for it too. Should be just about ready by the time the DLC drops, going to mix it up this time and use a light dex weapon... my builds always usually end up the same, big strength weapon with high poise damage :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I
DLC looking good, I just started a new character to prepare for it too. Should be just about ready by the time the DLC drops, going to mix it up this time and use a light dex weapon... my builds always usually end up the same, big strength weapon with high poise damage :p
Do you need to be a certain level for the dlc?

Associate
Do you need to be a certain level for the dlc?
Not a certain level, but I believe you need to have beaten Mohg to access the DLC... you can do that at Level 1, but most people would probably want at least a half decent build for Mohg

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought Elden Ring and the DLC bundle from CDkeys, also got a controller for it.

I hate these kind of games (soulslike) and I hate controllers.

But everyone says it's a masterpiece so I have to try it, right?
It's a slippery slope, it starts with ER because "everyone else has played it" and then you get drawn in to Dark Souls and then Bloodborne and Sekiro and before you know it all the other games are far to bright and cheerful.

Associate
So I am about to start playing this for the first time but I was wondering if it's better to wait for the DLC to be released? It it going to enhance the base game or it's just new content?

Soldato
So I am about to start playing this for the first time but I was wondering if it's better to wait for the DLC to be released? It it going to enhance the base game or it's just new content?
You need to kill two certain bosses mid / later game, before you can even enter the dlc as far as we know.

Back
Top Bottom