Baz

Baz

Soldato
OK, so making progress with Radagon/Elden Beast :)

after a load of buffs and a fully upgraded shield with 95% holy negation I can pretty much muller Radagon in a minute with the Blasphemous Blade, and got through about half the Beasts health :)

Soldato
Been through all the Shardbearers, just finished off Mohg and Malenia in 2 in 2 days! I think I have killed every one that needs killing now :D Damn, the thought of doing a NG+ makes me feel queasy lol Currently clocked in over 300 hours, level 190...

Has to be my game of the year

Baz

Baz

Soldato
You can do it! I always got annoyed when I could consistently get close and then all of a sudden I'd start failing miserably.

I know that feeling, twice in a row almost got him, then the next 5 times I die almost immediately. That is what I like about Elden Ring, the AI isn't always predictable and the satisfaction when you beat an enemy or boss after days of trying is so rewarding!

Soldato
Dammit, I was clearing space on my PS5 and inadvertently deleted my Elden Ring save, lucky I have completed it so have moved on to another game now, but annoying that i deleted it! Tried to restore from cloud storage in hope but it just downloaded a synced new game, I guess there is no way of getting it back...Guess I will be replaying the whole game again anyway!

Associate
OP
Currently in another run through the game with a strength build. I have a +8 Ruin Greatsword (I love this weapon its the strength equivalent of blasphemous blade) and a +21 Greatsword with bleed and lions claw. I've just got radhans armour and can wear it all minus gloves (knights glove is lighter) to keep a medium roll.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
You can do it! I always got annoyed when I could consistently get close and then all of a sudden I'd start failing miserably.
I did it! Found that if you are behind him you can lay into him quite effectively, as long as my summons is still alive :D

on NG+1 now, looking forward to paying attention this time round on some of the quests so I can get an alternate ending :)

Soldato
I did it! Found that if you are behind him you can lay into him quite effectively, as long as my summons is still alive :D

on NG+1 now, looking forward to paying attention this time round on some of the quests so I can get an alternate ending :)

Nice one! I was doubtful of wanting to play through again so I used the save trick to see the three main endings. However I'm quite happily plodding along in NG+ but wondering if I may prefer just starting again with a new character.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Nice one! I was doubtful of wanting to play through again so I used the save trick to see the three main endings. However I'm quite happily plodding along in NG+ but wondering if I may prefer just starting again with a new character.
I thought the same, but quite enjoying being massively over powered for the first section :D Blasphemous blade cuts through pretty much anything :D

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
After a bit of a break, I’m now in the crumbling farum azula. Fast travel is locked out so I’m guessing there’s going to be a boss or two to fight! Seems like a fun area so far but literally only 10 mins in.

Keep pressing the wrong buttons now though as I’ve been playing Forbidden West :p

Main one is using flasks when Im trying to crouch. Doh!

Soldato
Just got to Melania :eek:. I can do her first phase fine 7 times out 10 but I can barely survive her second phase for 30 seconds to even get to grips with her attack moves etc. And as a mage one hit just wipes me out. The furthest I've got her down to is about 50% and that's just me blasting Comet Azur from the off with saved buffs whilst she agros my spirit. It's all downhill from there!

Next attempt is letting my spirit kill her on phase 1 so she begins phase 2 by 'jumping' on him, swapping to Lusat's Glintstone Staff+10, cast Terra Magica, drink Wondrous Physick with Cerulean Hidden Tear and Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear, and Comet Azur. But even then I don't think she'll go much below 40% before she moves and I've got no idea what to do after that! :cry:

Her first phase has some randomness to how aggressive she is it seems, hence the 7/10, but otherwise I find it quite easy. I'm using Ancient Dragon Knight Kristoff+10 and he blocks her quite well without letting her re-gen, whilst also agro'ing her from afar and knocking her down in one shield hit. I just sit back and volley 2/3 Rennala's Full Moons off at her until he agros her again.

We get through with him on about 50-60%. One thing of note is I love how attached I've gotten to him! I tried some other spirit ashes out on her and they were rubbish, and I was like I'm sorry for doubting you bro! Every time we defeat a boss I want to give him a fist bump.

I've played the whole game offline because I hate the ghost shadows so I've never summoned anyone but I may have to consider it.

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and bought this on PS5. I considered it for Series X but I don't have a VRR monitor / TV. The faster load times are what swung me, half the loading time after death is good thing.. I'm dieing in pretty much every encounter :D

Back
Top Bottom